Well whenever stuff like this happens it makes me a little sad but then again I know how blessed I am and how my life is so good compared to many who do have to struggle to survive day to day so I get over it but I will be more cautious next time.

So we went to fill up gas on the dutch side a week ago and it was great. it was the station right before the round about that goes up the hill on the way to Phillipsburg. It is on the left as you approach the round about and near some auto dealers. The gentleman was polite and showed me how he did the conversion without asking him and I tipped him a couple of dollars.

Yesterday it was rush hour traffic and my husband noticed we were almost on empty so I asked him to just stop at the first station we saw. There is a Sol station before you hit the bridge that goes to Simpson Bay coming from the airport so we stopped there. It was busy and I got out of the car and the guy quickly came over and started to fill it up.

He said $55 and I saw that it was 89 guilders on the pump. So I made a very nice comment with a huge smile something like 'I though the exchange rate was a little different than that so is that correct?' The attendant was very gruff and yelled yes and that we better pay and get going because it was very busy etc. I knew we were being taken but at that point what do you do? I am not going to argue with a man who is larger than both my husband and I and who seemed angry at the world. My husband and I didn't want any troubles on vacation so of course we paid and left and told him to have a nice day with a big smile. My husband was pretty upset about it and I was too only from the standpoint that we are nice and generous people and we were sad to be treated like that.

I thought I would post in case anyone else has had these issues or just to let people know that maybe that gas station is not the best.

Oh well we are still on vacation and enjoying the island.