Good plan re Anguilla, or at least as far as I'm concerned it is. I'd take a day on AXA over a trip to Pinel any day, but that's me.

Regarding Anse Marcel, when you come all the way down the hill and up to the RIU guardhouse, turn left and keep driving until you come to a cobblestone-like parking area, disregarding the signs that tell you otherwise, and you will ultimately end up in their parking area and almost at their door.

Once parked, there is generally a staff person who will help you find suitable chairs and umbrellas and will also take your lunch reservation and drink order, once you've found your beach set-up. The property opens at 10:00 if I'm not mistaken, and you can call ahead and reserve a beach set up and table if you're of a mind to. If going on a weekend or holiday, I'm thinking I would probably do this judging by its popularity. We've always gone on the weekdays and had no problem obtaining front row seats. And the set-ups are generally well spaced to give each guest a bit of room so if you can't have the 'front row' - which seems so important to many, you will most likely still have great seats.

While we were there last month, there was a very lovely young woman modeling beach attire from the shop there - eye candy for the men and a lot of wishful thinking for many of the ladies.

From trip to trip they seem to be adding to the place (or perhaps I just need to pay more attention?) and so far, all the additions have been wonderful, IMHO.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."