|
|
|
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,071
Members27,640
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
DanS
New Jersey, USA
Posts: 1,494
Joined: November 2003
|
|
|
16 members (NumberCruncher, dj1094, lcote, Rover, patentshark, johndana274, road3682, Beachguy1963, Stevemech, CarolinaSailor, 6 invisible),
397
guests, and
46
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372 Likes: 11
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372 Likes: 11 |
I am curious. I have spent at least 8 to 10 weeks a year in the BVI for the last 20 years. I never see these close encounters with yacht dingies. In and near swim areas I see them operated very reasonably at idle speeds. What type of encounters have you had where dingies almost hit you. We're they at high speed? Idling but not looking at all where they are going? A dinghy passing 20 feet away at idle is not a threat. The safety issue I see at the baths is local boats running day trippers at high speed between the Mooring field and the rocks. Several are resort boats that do it daily. Lots of snorklers in that area. G
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
|
|