I am all for anything that can help us get better air fares.

Getting the best air fares works best if you are flexible when it comes to planning your travel.

Some people say it is best to search for airfares around midnight when most airlines reservation systems release the unsold seats on hold.

Some people even go so far as to use different computers, deleting cookies and wiping their browser history clean when searching for fares on the airline websites. They can track your behaviour, so why wouldn't they do it?

It pays to have an insider who can tell you which flights have the most open seats available. Hint: Without a Travel Agent, you are on your own!

Predicting airfares is a specialty I have not mastered with my 15 years in the business. So sometimes it pays to take the best fares you can get for your particular budget.

In my opinion, low fuel prices will only motivated the airlines to keep their fares up and increase their profits. Finally! Scream their shareholders and investors. It's all about the bottomline nowadays.

Most airlines will watch what their competitors do to see who will make the first move to lower prices as a result of low fuel prices. If no one lowers their air fares first, don't hold your breath, the others won't either. What do you call that? An oligopoly? With all the recent mergers in the airline industry, that's what we have now.

Will that lead to efficiency and effectively lower air fares? I doubt it!

Order your flowers, bouquets and giftbaskets online at www.stmaartenflowers.com.
We will deliver your flowers and gifts to hotels, villas, yachts, hospitals, residences, businesses and universities.