So my favorite way is to rub the tenderloins in olive oil, then cover it rosemary chopped very fine and chopped thyme leaves, some good sea salt, fresh pepper(s) (I usually just use black, but mix it up if you have a favorite pepper.) Now the good part… Then carefully roll the tenderloin in prosciutto (10-12 slices) – string tie in a couple places to hold together. It is best to let them sit overnight and let the herbs do their thing. Notice I used tenderloin plural because normally they come as one but are two.

When you let it sit another advantage – 0 prep time when the guest arrive. Pull it out of the frig and let it approach room temp before cooking. I found 145 is perfect for me so I pull at 140 and let sit for 10 or 15 minutes lightly covered in foil and with a 450 degree oven it only takes about 20-25 minutes to reach perfect temp.

Biggest mistake I have found with tenderloins is they are rarely equal in girth. So take the tail and fold over so the loin will cook evenly. The prosciutto will hold the folded tail until tied.

“Every time I open a bottle of wine, it is an amazing trip somewhere!” José Andrés