We have had a very good experience owning. After sailing with TMM for 10 years we took the plunge and bought a Beneteau 40 CC with Sunsail. We went for the guaranteed income plan which more than covered our mortgage.
After five years, Sunsail fully restored the boat to a very high standard. We then moved her to BVI Yacht Charters for another five years. They too did a great job maintaining her and it was relatively pain free to sell her after 10 years.
We got all of our money back from the original deposit and made a small profit. The best part was that we sailed on average three weeks a year in the BVI for ten years for nothing, and enjoyed a modest tax advantage because of depreciation.
After being without a boat for a year, I missed having one built to my specs so we took the plunge again. This time with TMM and our boat is a Mahe 36 catamaran.
In both instances, I purposefully selected boats suited to two couples, but easily handled by just two of us. I did this because I didn't want a party boat. More cabins equals more people, more damage, more parties.
So far it has worked. Pick the right boat ane think about keeping it in charter for 10 years.
If you have other questions, feel free to PM me. Good luck.

Mike
"The journey is the thing." Homer