Cant remember the last time I have seen a trip report on this board. Whats going on?

Part of it is "social media", instant gratification and not wanting to bother with having to write "trip reports". That is a big downside of the social media instant thing. You loose a lot later and then people just do not bother. That is a major downside as far as I am concerned, because with the instant messaging, post is that you loose so much about the entire stay that as compared to full trip reports when you get the entire picture.

And sometimes "I believe" people post the instant stuff (good and bad) and then they thik about it later..... opinions change significantly..... but the full report then never comes. What I may think is either great or terrible at the "instant" and what it really is after evaluatiing the entire trip are many time two completely different things.

Just my opinion, but I am not sure the social media instant thing has been a good thing overall. But there are times that it is extremely good. There needs to be a balance and right now that is not the case it seems.

Eric Hill
TTOL Sponsors