mayaflya said:
Anonymous said:
That is quite a distance. What is the consensus on Azulik? It appears to be right on the beach and offers c/o.

Azulik was our first c/o experience, almost ten years ago. It still has a special place in my psyche. It has always been a bit of an anomaly, however. The pricing and reviews have always been all over the map. They are currently in a major reconstruction and expansion mode....some of which is overdue, but they are stretching (Along with the rest of the Tulum beach front) into a high end "exotic luxury" new age "beautiful people" vibe. None of that bothers me, except the prices and being a middle aged schlubby nudist. It is clothing optional, but nudity is not prevalent. We stayed there last February for a few nights and enjoyed it, but for us, it's not what I would call a naturist resort at all. We'll be in Mexico next week. We'll be spending two nights at Intima Resort, heading over to Azulik's Maya Spa for massages, then driving on to Xcalak and Playa Sonrisa...which is MY favorite naturist resort!
Are you familiar with the Be Tulum resort? Sounds similar (price point) to Azulik but without the c/o availability?