Trip report

Let me start by saying this was a very short unplanned trip, about 6 days notice if that!! I realized I had RCI "weeks points" left that would expire 11/1/15, so decided to see what I could do with them. When I searched and Royal Islander LaPlage popped up for 9 points I grabbed it!! Flew JetBlue down and back non-stop out of JFK, booked the larger leg room seats because we were doing carry ons.
Well wasn't sure how the trip was going to go based on the flight!! I got the seat everyone Cringes about! Next to the 400+lb passenger - I survived, back not so much!! We landed and cleared the airport and arrived via taxi, walked into our room within 30 minutes of landing! Not bad!

Morning one we went for a walk to the causeway and back, it's a 5 mile round trip walk, very nice, stopped at ZeeBest and grabbed you yougart parfaits - delicious!! . Had planned on doing it daily, only did it once!! Spent the first few days at the RI beach/pool, had no reason to leave. Day one after landing lunch was at Sunset and dinner was take out from Pizza Pasta.

Day two take out from Sunset and dinner at Bamboo Bernies. Day three was another pool/beach day and ate at Tortuga at the resort and dinner at Bahjatzu. Spent the evening at 3 Amigos watching baseball. Our last full day we walked over to Mullet for the day and had lunch at Rosie's. Decided we need to venture out and took a taxi to Porto Cupecoy and check out Mario Bistrot. Yes same as Mario's Bistro, they have completely closed the Sandy Ground location. Was good, but something seemed to be missing, maybe Didier, or the colors or water, we couldn't put our finger on it. After dinner we took a taxi back to Maho and headed back to 3 Amigos for game 1 of the NLCS, (let's go Mets!!) we are know known as Heineken and Carona!! The general manager Anthony is from NJ was very interesting to talk to and the employees were all very nice. We did not eat, just drinks, place gets hoping after 10:30-11:00!!

Checkout at RI is 10:00 sharp! We stored our baggage and headed to Driftwood, had a going away drink and watched the big KLM come in, never gets old. Walked back to RI around 11:15, grabbed a taxi and were sitting waiting for our flight by 12:00. Did grab lunch at "Johney Burger" wasn't impressed with the burger, but the chicken sandwiches looked great!! Landed at JFK about 25 minutes early, and found ourselves sitting in traffic on the VanWyck within 50 minutes of landing! Not bad. Had a great stay, we own two weeks in March at he Towers, in June we stayed four nights at Cupecoy Beach Club and now this stay, let's say we really really loved Royal Islander, the fact that so much is at your fingertips makes for a totally different vacation. Longer stays we always rent a car, but for 4 nights, this was a perfect getaway! Until March!!!!

Last edited by kim; 10/19/2015 10:43 AM.