soualigacapt said:
There is no way the ship is going to leave people behind due to a situation beyond their own control!
I feel that is one of the weaknesses of this protest system, for it only to be a 'minor inconvenience' it relies on a domino of other people's actions and decision making. You can't predict the actions of thousands of people......what if a non English/French/Dutch speaking tourist got stuck on the French side and didn't have the line of communication with local people or perhaps they got the wrong info from a misinterpretation. At some point they might try to check into a room for the night....what now? Giant ship isn't going to stay there overnight. You could argue that there is a strong possibility that a scenario like that would never happen and that it hasn't....I'd argue that it could and that I don't see how anyone should be able to put someone else in that position. Don't rights apply to more people than just the people making a point?

Barbara said:
Keep on criticizing folks.. your right to do so. You are only alienating good strong proud st martin people.
and I don't mean soualigacapt and me. I mean the good strong proud st martin people who are trying to make a future for themselves.
Huh...can't see these conversations have much of any effect on anything.