My suggestion, ask lots of questions . We have done two crewed charters and the first one a few years ago was a dream come true. I literally wept the last night because it was coming to an end. Last years, well.....I felt like I was robbed at gunpoint. After dropping 12k (off season rates) to charter a boat with ensuite showers, we arrived to be told we can't use them and they take "Caribbean showers" aka bathing in the ocean. We were also forced to vacate the boat for several hours every afternoon so the crew could have personal time. There was not one fully relaxing day as we always had to pack up to be hauled into some beach club somewhere. We were sure they were getting some kind of a cut off our bar tabs. Every day it was another $10o-200 afternoon (4 ppl) after paying for an all inclusive charter. One day we were going to stage a mutiny and insist on "staying off the boat" by laying on loungers in the water behind the boat at cooper island The captain got verbally abusive with us until we said screw it, fine just take us to bar then. There are many other issues, too many to list but PM me if you want the name of the boat I don't recommend.

This time I cried because we spent just under 20k for the worst week of vacation I have ever taken.