There are ten of us going from our dive shop - all ages - married, single, young, seniors and all good friends. We fly into Cairo and will stay two nights. I think we will only want to explore the middle day. Mainly the pyramids - the museum might take longer than some want to spend - I read there some people were disappointed because many displays weren't clearly identified. We will be too tired on arriving so we will probably just want to hang out by the pool the first night(hopefully it will be warm enough). Then late morning on the third day we fly out and will be spending a week scuba diving on a live aboard yacht in the Red Sea.
I did ask the hotel about a guided tour to the pyramids and then said to wait and contact them a week before and they will arrange it.
We will fly back to Cairo midday and are staying at an airport hotel. Not sure if there is anything to do that evening close to the airport.
What do you mean by crazy place? good or bad?
I heard there is a dinner cruise on the Nile with belly dancers but our hotel is out by the pyramids so I think the travel time might be more than we want to spend - a hour each way if I figure right.
thanks for any help you can give me.