There's no law that says you must eat out in high-end restaurants each day. We have a kitchen where we stay and I only buy breakfast items, snacks and a roti chicken. Frequent stops at French bakeries for delicious baguettes make a good lunch with fruit, cheese, wine or chicken sandwiches.

We eat out nearly every night. Some times in fancy places (Ocean 82, Bistrot Caribes, Auberge Gourmand), other evenings in restaurants serving good food at reasonable prices (Enold's, Yvette's, Le Taitu, Marks) and some times at the Lolos. Sometimes we switch up big meal at lunch and light dinner from leftovers.

We stay 2 or 3 weeks and allow $100. per day. Some days we spend a little over and some days far less. It works for us. I'm on vacation and the last thing I want to do is cook. One visit hubby landed in emergency room left with meds that wiped him out so no driving to dine at night. I shopped at grocery store and found it almost as expensive as eating out in a small restaurant plus i had to cook and clean up after!!