coronawomen said:

I've read people saying us US money when buying items as the people of Mexico get a better exchange rate yet I've read where people say use only peso's. Thus wondering which is best to us, peso's or american dollars.

Just like we posted in your other thread...

There is no magic power in a dollar bill.

Pesos, dollars and Euros are just different ways to denominate money. If a merchant has to do a conversion they always round up. The exchange rate is the exchange rate no matter your nationality.

As an example, is distance between two places longer or shorter if we measure in miles or kilometers? An object is the same size if we discover it's dimensions in inches or centimeters.

The advantage to using pesos is, most items are priced in pesos! We saw a cruise ship tourist, aloha shirt, gold Rolex, bracelet and neck chain, white socks and sandals strolling on 5th Ave with a group of friends in tow. A shopkeeper was displaying hand carved masks. The price was displayed $150. (pesos) The tourist loudly proclaimed that his entourage should "watch this".
"Hey Pancho," He peeled a one hundred dollar bill from a roll. "I'll bet you'll take this for that mask." The shopkeeper paused, "Si." The shopkeeper was very cool as he made the exchange. The Tourist received his mask, strutted off and proclaimed, "See, that's how you deal with these people."