Do NOT, repeat do NOT skip going to the Cruzan Rum Factory. Yeah, it is $10US per person for the tour. Now you're thinking 10 bucks to see rum being made. Just like everywhere else. Why should I do this........
At the end of the tour they take you into this pavilion which houses a bar and they start making you frozen drinks. As many as you would like. Most all of the ingredients are rum! They are trying to get you to buy all the different flavor of Cruzan. I think we each had 4 drinks (Capt. Was driving the car, so he quit). I got "one for the road". STX is great, and so different from all the other islands. Rolling hills with cows roaming in the fields. Then on the west end there is a tropical rain forest with waterfalls right along the road. The "Domino Club". (Home of the beer drinking pigs) is on that road, you can get lunch there, tho we didn't...that's a long story, but we will go back. Lots to do in STX. Home of the furthest eastern point of the USA. And probably the only island with a 4 lane highway with 60mph speed limit.

Carolyn
M/Y Cattitude