Some of my old friends might remember me from the "old days" on TTOL. For the rest of you, I used to hang around here quite a bit. Travels lately have taken me elsewhere, but a big chunk of my heart is still in the BVI. I miss you all...

Bill Hartzman (BillH) is another guy who used to hang around TTOL way back when. Many of you know he has been ill, both with cancer and kidney failure. Bill was moved to a hospice in Chattanooga a few weeks ago and continued dialysis there as a palliative treatment.

Bill decided just a couple of days ago to discontinue the dialysis. I think he just got tired of fighting. He passed away this afternoon at the hospice center where he was staying. His good friend, Jean Massengale, has been an angel to him and was with him when he passed. He went peacefully, just closing his eyes and drifting away. We should all be so lucky.

Kim (Kimmers) & Lew Spruance and Maryann Pascucci (Map or Mappy) joined with my bride, Christine, and I in trying to make his last days as comfortable as possible from long distance. I hope we helped.

I just noticed that, at the bottom of these pages, is an ad that Bill and I made up years ago to help sponsor interest and support in VISAR. Hopefully, it has done some good. A big thank you to my good friends, Eric and Carol Hill, for leaving it there.

Fair winds to you all. Maybe I'll try to get on here once in a while, just to annoy someone. Bill would have wanted nothing less.

Jeff

Here's Bill and some of us...back in 2007.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[color:"blue"]Best,
Jeff Carlin
Bloomington, IN[/color]