My understanding in general terms - as with most things on that island there may be all kinds of stuff going on behind the scenes. It is not the government (the Collectivitie) - at least not directly - that is giving Pat the boot. The Conservatoire du Littoral completed a deal with SCI Le Galion last year and now has control (if not complete ownership) of the entire parcel on which the old hotel was - including Tropical Wave. The Conservatoire and the Reserve Naturelle have plans for what will happen to this land after they get rid of the old buildings. I think they have something like 1 million euros to use in total. Old buildings have asbestos which among other things makes removal expensive. Tropical Wave's only alleged "right" to land may have been because of an old deal with the hotel owner - who now is definitively out of picture.

Karibuni and Yellow Beach on Pinel are pretty secure - I do not think the Reserve Naturelle has any plans (at least not now) that would impact them negatively.