maytrix said:
I'll give you another update after we've been on - we did secure one for a week from now.

Lucky dog..
I was this close () to trading in my 3900 for a 4000. A lot of things I really liked, except the $$ I would have had to come up with after 5 years.
It is a bit longer than the 3900 and the beam is quite a bit wider, and it seemed they made the saloon feel so much larger by encroaching on the hulls because the interior of the hulls seemed quite narrow compared to the 3900. In fact, I think the head on the guest side seemed some smaller if I remember correctly. The huge saloon sure made up for any shortcomings in the hull though. I thought it was great.
Let me know what you think about the way they have the traveler rigged. I think I prefer the setup on the 3900. Tell me what it's like having so many lines back to the cockpit with so few winches. Probably a non-issue, but man they have lines there.
I did not sail one, but looked it over quite thoroughly. I am looking forward to your observations. I love our little 3900 but had the $$ been a little closer to even after another 5 year gig, I think I would have signed the papers.