We will be on a tight budget so I'm thinking of bringing meat down in a cooler this trip. I know a lot of you do that but this is a first for me. What type of cooler do you use? Styrofoam seems too flimsy. I have an old plastic, bulky Rubbermaid cooler I could just leave there. Two pilots traveling with me so they can take free checked luggage. How do you keep it from coming open? Duct tape? What if customs/airport wants to inspect? I was thinking of some inexpensive nylon webbing straps that buckle or ratchet down. Does everyone use dry ice or ice packs?

For the rest of our food I've used Bobby's in the past on land based trips and they were great. I'll be chartering out of Moorings in RT so is the current recommendation Riteway or One Mart? Drinks/alcohol Ticos or Caribbean Cellars?

Last question! I want to fish and will be bringing a trolling rod. Do these boats (Moorings Leopard 43 Power Cat) have a rod holder? Can I rent one from Moorings or should I buy a cheap one or is there another method? Bringing some paracord to tie it so it doesn't go overboard. Thanks!

[Linked Image]