We too bring frozen food to the BVI. I've done it several ways, the best solution I have found is to use a 28 qt foam cooler, 1.5"wall thickness. I buy the cooler for $7.50 and a cardboard box for '$2.75 from a local packing and shipping store. I vacuum seal the frozen food and put it our deep freezer prior to the trip. I fill the cooler completely with the frozen food, no ice, no gel packs. I purchase a second box, same size as the cooler"s box and tape the two together. I put light dry food items in the box. When taped together the boxes are just under the 62 linear inches, the limit for checked luggage. I use the fiber reinforced tape to tape the boxes together, I then wrap both boxes with shrink wrap ( in case they get exposed to rain while being loaded onto the plane). They are almost always inspected by TSA. We typically have an overnight stay in SJU or STT on the way to the BVI. We don't open the box until we get to the boat. The frozen food has always been still frozen solid when we get to the boat. We give the cooler to the TMM employees who are appreciative.

Cheers,

Tony