tmsxmsails said:
Just as another data point, I had to call them recently and it went very smoothly. I was complaining about what I felt was a scam that I fell for when checking in online before my flight. They asked me if I wanted "Even More Speed", which I interpreted as being able to board the plane faster (and not getting locked out of overhead space for carry-ons) so I paid the $15 per person. Came to find out that it only gets you TSA Pre, which I already get due to Global Entry.

I called to complain and they cheerfully refunded my $30.

I have to say also that the legroom on the flights is great.

We did have a bad experience on a flight back from SJU a couple of years ago where drunken passengers caused a ruckus and I felt the crew handled it poorly but other than that, our experience has been good.

We've had a few issues with JB, none major but consistent enough to become a negative factor for us, but not so much I'd rather stay home than book them, and I absolutely agree - their CSA or TA (whichever they are called....) go way out of their way to be friendly and helpful any time we've had occasion to use them - which seems to be more often since they instituted the changes in their computer system to accommodate the tiered ticketing options, though it seems of late they've worked out all the bugs, thank heavens.

We were on an early morning flight from JFK a couple of trips ago and the flight attendants kept serving a couple seated in the bulkhead row of the 'even more room' seats. It seemed as though the passengers were possibly known to or friends of the flight crew but regardless, we could hear them as clear as a bell sitting in the last row of the same section and the further we flew, the more they were served and the louder and more obnoxious they became, and yet the flight attendants continued serving them. Towards the end of the flight we heard the flight attendants as they were collecting their bar bill and it was huge. They had to have had at least six or seven drinks apiece, and all this in less than four hours of the flight and already having had a head start. I mean, c'mon - it was evident to everyone sitting in the area they were under the weather when they boarded and half way through the trip they were totally wasted. One of the other passengers seated closer to them had seen them enjoying drinks at one of the T5 bars prior to boarding, yet still, the flight attendants kept serving them. We saw the couple later upon arrival in the baggage area of PJIA and the gentleman was so drunk he fell on his butt in the middle of the area and couldn't get up again unassisted.

I know the flight attendants have the authority to discontinue drink/drunk service if a situation calls for it so I can't figure out why they allow it to continue. And please know, I have no problems with people - myself included - enjoying a drink or two - but when the situation reaches the state we all witnessed on that particular flight, there is always the possibility it could become an explosive problem for all involved and the crew should really do a better job of controlling things.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."