As far as noise from the planes, the big planes pretty much all come in the afternoon. It is noisy for 30 seconds, and then nothing. It's not like JFK, where there are huge jets every 30 seconds, all day and night. There are maybe a dozen to a half dozen big planes throughout the whole day.

As far as whether the units are "nice" or not, take a look at the trip report that I posted in my other reply in the thread. BSV is NOT deluxe, as in marble or granite in the kitchen or bathroom. There is NO a/c in the main living room, just in the bedrooms. To me, it is like having your own beach house, ON one of the best beaches on the island, totally uncrowded and with your own private beach, any time you want it. You have your own full kitchen and BBQ grill and patio, so that you can be perfectly 'at home'. It is NOT a 'resort', from the standpoint of any organized activities, etc., etc,. It has exactly what I want when I am on vacation. I don't need anyone to entertain me, I just want the sand and the sea and an unfettered view of the ocean and several good books. Your mileage may vary.

Carol Hill