Ok,this year we want to Martinique, thanks to the Air Norwegian flight deals. But I get back, and find a email in my spam folder from Martin(spelling?) and Chareen, from Jam Rock."You not coming it's March?"
Last year we ate there 3 nights out of 7, and brought people with us, including our hosts from France. We all had a great time, Martin and Chareen are great, and really try hard. I would go back right now if I could, and order whatever is her special.
Also, on a personal note, Martin asked me about my fish hook necklace, ( $5.00) on the boardwalk in Wildwood, NJ. I gave it to him, and his wife comes out as we were leaving, with a hand painted piece of pottery, as a parting gift, and thanks me for introducing fellow TTOL people P&P(from Canada) who we met on that trip, as well as our hosts from France, that we rent from at Mont Vernon. The restaurant closes at ten, but that night the outdoor patio was hopping until 12:00, with cognac and local rum.
To make a very long story short, they are a great young couple that do a great job! Last we went, service took a while, but if you are OK on island time,you will have a great meal, for half of what you pay at Ti Buchon, my 2nd favorite, or 30% less than at Auberge or LA Villa in Grand Case,y next faves.