My wife and I have visited LWS many times. To ChunkyDunkin's point, the landscaping isn't lush and green. It's appropriate for a small spa in the desert, and the palm trees are impressive! The atmosphere is laid-back, respectful, relaxing. It's not Party Central, nor is it a "lifestyle" resort. The main attractions, besides being clothing-optional, are the water, the clientele, and the owners. The spring water in the spa and pool is warm and blessedly non-chlorinated. I would guess that their visitors are mostly in their 40s, 50, and 60s, although 30-somethings aren't a rarity. We have found the vast majority to be friendly, intelligent, and non-creepy. Jeff and Judy are thoroughly decent and humane folks who have created a refuge of sorts in the desert. (Note that they call it a spa and not a resort.) A large percentage of their guests are repeat customers, and are treated as friends, not as credit-card numbers. (For instance, Jeff took me dirt-biking last year.) LWS is not for everyone. Some think it's too quiet, and it is a bit removed from the shops and restaurants of Palm Springs. But that's how we like it.