Ratman,
I was aware that they were going to change and add some fees.
At this point in time, Homeaway/VRBO are charging the most and far more than any other site. I have been with Homeaway and VRBO since 2003.
For me, I do not allow Homeaway to calculate my rate as I don't provide a rate for their system. I do have a full set of rates in the rates dropdown. I just am not interested in having them do anything for me except to provide advertising for my villa. I don't want to use CC's. I accept a check and PayPal. They are playing games with their customers, the villa owners. In the end I believe they will get screwed, as they are getting close to having a monopoly, which is illegal and they will get broken up.
No company should be allowed to "control" a market. Since they have bought up many smaller companies and put together a large company controlling a market their risk is high.
I spend MANY hours working on my web site, adjusting it to allow the search engines in finding my villa.

I have been quite successful and don't intend on some company screwing with me. I would estimate that about 50% of business comes from Homeaway/VRBO. Airbnb has been useless, brings in bottom feeders. Booking.com has brought me only 1 customer. The rest of the web sites have brought me no customers.

Last edited by tpcook; 04/25/2016 08:22 PM.

tpcook