Friday 01/11/02<br><br>Sunshine again. We left Cane Garden Bay for a short trip, we're headed for Sandy Spit off Jost Van Dyke. The Blue Guitar was anchored there. We trained the binoculars on her to see who was milling about and didn't see anyone who looks like Eric C. Two guys went on top to hoist down a dinghy.<br><br>We jump in for a snorkel on the reef and to check out Sandy Spit. The water was a bit cloudy but a good snorkel anyway. Tons of Elkhorn and huge Brain coral. It's a little tricky getting from the water to the beach here. The coral goes almost all the way to the shore and we were actually washed ashore by a wave when we got close. The first thing we saw was a dinghy with "Blue Guitar" on the side, two couples who came over on it were sitting there on the beach by the dinghy. We check out the island, and make the tricky exit off the beach for a swim back to Tri-World. The Blue Guitar dinghy left just before us and Blue Guitar was out-a-there before we got back to the boat.<br><br>Next on the agenda is White Bay on Jost Van Dyke and the Soggy Dollar Bar. On the way over Diane threw in a line and trolled. Some birds started circling the lure so either something was following the lure or the birds were interested in the lure itself. Anyway she didn't catch anything. Soggy Dollar, which we re-named KC's Sunshine Bar, is a great little bar with personality on a beautiful beach tucked under palm trees, perfect. A couple of the favorite drinks also got renamed here. Bushwackers are now aka bushkillers and painkillers are now aka painwackers. One disappointment at Soggy Dollar; we asked if someone could show us the Sandcastle grounds, we were possibly interested in staying there some day, we were given a brochure instead. We could have been more persistent I guess but that kind of sours any future stay there for us.<br><br>This will get me in some trouble but Soggy Dollar got my vote for the "best of trip" for bikini watching. Diane, I just felt obligated to report what I saw. We did some shopping in the gift shop for T shirts and I bought a small print of KC mixing drinks behind the bar. The gal who takes care of the gift shop also does hair braiding and we sat Heidi down to get some braids, she'd been wanting to get that done. Warning, don't touch the white T shirts, the gift shop gal is very watchful and will reprimand you in quick order, she runs a very tight ship!!! Then we bellied up to the bar for the first painwacker of the day. Had a few drinks and back to Tri-World for lunch of jerk chicken sandwiches made to order by the level of "heat" very yummy. After lunch back to the Soggy Dollar to continue our painwacker consumption. Had a fantastic time, we loved this bar. KC is a blast and if you want to get a huge smile out of him ask him if the name of the bar is KC's Sunshine Bar. Sometime later in the afternoon, after trying to consume all the painwacker ingredients we called Jim on the FRS, crawled to the beach and headed back to Tri-World and headed to our last anchorage, Great Bay and Foxy's. <br><br>We got to Great Bay as the sun was setting, Jim was a master of timing in that regard and he always got a good spot to boot. I went to the cabin to retrieve my license plate "DUG69." We got a permanent marker and decorated the plate with aliens and UFO's, we all signed it, wrote traveltalkonline.com in it and headed for Foxy's. We met Foxy as he was leaving for the evening. Jim found three screws on the boat and brought his leatherman to put up the plate, he put it up for me, I'd probably have fallen off the chair. From this point on it gets a little fuzzy, I think I actually ordered a bushkiller or painwacker, can't remember which but it really confused the bartender. I remember seeing a fish with sunglasses, a human skull, was that real? and I saw a Sunset Beach Bar bumper sticker behind the bar. We walked to another bar somewhere and I told Pam, the bartender that I loved her. Rental teeth was the joke of the evening, "you had to be there." ----I'd better stop here. We had a Blast!!!!!!!<br><br><br><br>Saturday, 01/12/02 Final Installment.<br><br>Sunshine again. Motored to St. John to clear customs. I remember reading in another trip report about a particular spot on the water, as Tortola disappears from view, spray from the water gets in your eyes. It's true; I had to wipe the spray from my eyes. I think Diane had the same problem but no one said anything, very quiet on Tri-World.<br><br><br><br><br>[Linked Image]<br><br>Contact the BVI Calendar helpers<br>bvical@traveltalkonline.com<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Administrator on 1/22/02 03:57 PM.</EM></FONT></P>