Thursday 01/10/02<br><br>Sunshine again. We're leaving Anegada this morning headed for Cane Garden Bay, anchor up at 9:20am. Dropped anchor at CGB at 2:30pm just in time to prevent a mutiny. Jim threw in a line and we trolled along the way with no luck. Jim also pointed out some frigate birds and a white breasted-booby. I never saw the latter and I've got some suspicions about that one. We came up to Tortola just off the west side of Guana Island and sailed along the north shore, great views of the rocky cliffs. <br><br>On arrival at CGB Diane, Toby and Heidi took a taxi, a Lincoln Town Car, to Road Town for some shopping. I parked myself on the beach to sample a few Carib's. After a while I gathered enough energy to walk down the beach headed for Callwood's Distillery for provisions. There's a little trail along the far wall of the cemetery that leads to the road, go right on the road and Callwood's is on your left, much better than walking all the way on the road. I told the owner I'd take two bottles of the dark if he had a bag to put them in, otherwise just one bottle. He rummaged around for a while and found an old bag, I gave him $16.00, took a few pictures and off I went. The bag broke in the drive before I got to the road, luckily the bottles didn't break. I headed back to the beach via the cemetery path. Just before I reached Stanley's, I came around a sea grape tree and walked into the middle of a wedding just in time to hear "you may kiss the bride." I think I ended up in some more vacation pictures, look for the guy with two bottles of rum and a camera walking down the beach. Off to Rhymer's for more Carib and to wait for the others to get back in their Lincoln. While waiting I saw a neat power yacht come into CGB look around then leave. When we got back to Tri-World Jim told us it was the Blue Guitar. We stopped at Quito's for some CD,s then back to the boat for dinner. <br><br>After dark we were relaxing when Jim all of the sudden says, "fish bats!!!" I said "what?" He again said, "fish bats!!!" Well it turns out that there are bats down here that hunt for fish at night. They swoop down and grab them with their claws. Jim lured a school of minnows off the stern with a flashlight and that's all it took. Some of the ones we saw had a wingspan of more than 14 inches but we were told they get much bigger. I never knew such a thing existed. Dinner was blackened Grouper.<br><br>We headed to Quito's for the evening, he plays solo on Thursdays. We had a great time. Diane wanted a picture of her with Quito and after the show he obliged. He's a very warm and gracious man, and remembered us from last year. He helped us get a taxi when we couldn't find one back to Road Town late at night.<br><br>Back to the boat and to our cabins. I closed the hatches to keep the fish bats out.<br><br> [Linked Image]<br><br>Contact the BVI Calendar helpers<br>bvical@traveltalkonline.com<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Administrator on 1/22/02 03:58 PM.</EM></FONT></P>