Monday, 01/07/02<br><br>Woke to a sunny sky!!! Breakfast--- scrambled eggs, wrapped sausages, rolls and muffins. A Moorings flotilla rolled out of the Bight early, ten or so boats. We were moored close to the entrance so we could watch all the boats leaving ahead of us raising their sails. Today we're headed for Peter Island with a snorkeling stop at The Indians. Jim had the generator running for the watermaker, I think we were putting a hurt to the storage tanks. <br><br>Snorkeling at the Indians was the best of the trip so far. The coral was incredible and sooooo many fish!!! At one point I was in about forty feet of water and was completely engulfed in a school of what must have been thousands of purple fish. Diane sat this one out and stayed on the boat, I wish she'd have seen it. <br><br>Off the mooring and up with the sails, destination; Deadmans Bay. I think we tacked three times and shot straight into Deadmans Bay heading due south. I drove for about the last half of the sail under supervision from Jim on when to come about and what direction to keep Tri-World headed. Toby was assigned the hard jobs. A perfect day for sailing. <br><br>Deadmans Bay has to be one of the most beautiful places on earth. We were served a late lunch there, a crab and pasta dish, delicious. No one will ever starve on Tri-World! A helicopter was back and forth from Tortola a few times. I tried to see if any of the passengers were of the famous variety with binoculars but no one looked familiar. We took the dinghy to Peter Island Marina with Jim on an ice run. Snooped around a little, checked out the dive shop and the gift shop. The place is very nice but just a little stuffy for us, give me a week on CGB any time. I don't understand the "long pants thing" the employee uniform includes dark blue pants. I can't imagine wearing that while working in the hot tropical sun. We headed for the shade to wait while Jim rounded up someone for the ice. <br><br>Back at the boat Diane and Heidi swam to the beach to explore. Jim had told us about another beach up over the hill by the helicopter pad. This one I sat out but they described the beach as being composed entirely of seashells and broken coral. There was driftwood and all kinds of stuff that was washed up by the sea. It's not a swimmable beach but a great place to find treasure, judging by the assortment of shells they brought back. They swore the water over there was much warmer. I wish I'd gone. Watched and took pictures of a beautiful sunset while motoring over to Great Bay to spend the night. Dinner was Shrimp Scampi, perfectly cooked and spiced, the food on this trip was getting out of hand, I've never eaten this good in my life.<br><br>After sunset and before dinner it was time for more fun, a night snorkel. Tri-World keeps on board waterproof flashlights and Jim anchored At the back of the bay near a rock wall with a good shallow snorkel spot. The four of us donned snorkel gear and descended into the pitch black sea. We all stayed together just to be safe as this was a little scary. While swimming to the snorkel spot Diane and Heidi started laughing, giggling and making noises. I didn't understand the humor and told them to straighten up, "this is serious business" Gotta laugh at yourself sometimes I guess. Toby was having snorkel problems so Diane and Toby switched, that didn't work out as the clip that holds it to the mask strap didn't get hooked and off to the bottom it went. We spotted it but no one had the guts to dive down to retrieve it, I guess we'd seen one too many movies. I told everyone to look for the pollyps on the coral, well that must have been the wrong wording because it triggered another round of uncontrolled laughter, so much for "serious business." I'd call it a limited success night snorkel but a great memory and I did see a small octopus. Later on the boat over boat drinks, everyone else had gone to the cabins, Jim told me some great storys about sailing these waters and some of the characters he's met over the years.<br><br> [Linked Image]<br><br>Contact the BVI Calendar helpers<br>bvical@traveltalkonline.com<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Administrator on 1/22/02 04:38 PM.</EM></FONT></P>