Member Spotlight
NoelHall
NoelHall
Louisville, KY
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
Dutchman, hathead, lookinatfifty, Lovetheocean, LuSea
Who's Online Now
40 registered members (JandIrene, Billtjw, skipdastraw, GeorgeC1, Zanshin, Ragtime, NumberCruncher, casailor53, SXMScubaman, ChuckG, Fran, pony600, CaribEagle, Mbrott, luvtotravel, BillDauterive, StMartinFan, Reid, CYOWDave, ColoBoater, Swifty, Flotsam, knitsoftwear, wct49, Beansbbq, George1234, SXMBND, jbutah, 12 invisible), 638 guests, and 77 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Kennys- Leslie & Shirley- Above and Beyond #105266
08/13/2016 06:22 PM
08/13/2016 06:22 PM
Arkansas
allenf Offline OP
Traveler
allenf  Offline OP
Traveler
Arkansas
My wife and I returned from St Maarten and Anguilla a couple of weeks ago from our annual July visit. I had been meaning to post and saw a wonderful thread today concerning Leslie, but I thought what they had done rated its own thread.

One evening we overshot our destination in Simpson Bay and stopped to take a left at the next convenient spot which happened to have a left turn lane. We stopped then proceeded to take the turn. Midway through the left turn, we were hit broadside in the drivers side door. Yep- the fellow decided a great thing to do was to pass a long line of stopped cars and go on the incoming traffic's lane to pass everyone, unfortunately he did not see us taking the turn nor did we see him. Got a great lesson on St Maarten accident investigation. There we a couple of witnesses , the accident investigator and two officers all agreed he was overtaking and at fault. Several days pass and Leslie calls to inform us the insurance companies had determined we were at fault. We did not feel this was correct, but being on vacation and in another country- we deferred. Lesley informed us that the deductible for the other car was $400.00, he would pay it, let us know what the actual repair costs would be to his vehicle and bill us for the total. Shirley was quite unhappy over the matter and thought that the ruling was in error, but like us, she'd defer. The following week we were in Anguilla and Shirley called us to let us know the she'd raised objections, the matter had been reviewed by the insurance companies and police and the ruling reversed. It was determined we were not at fault. Damage to both cars was minimal, no one was injured, and overall a large amount of cost was not involved. That said, the above and beyond they went to, from initially offering to handle all expenses and then bill us for the total , to the followup when they felt the the situation unfair- earns my lasting appreciation, We have been renting from Leslie for 13 years or so and will undoubtedly continue to do so and will continue to recommend Kenny's. My apologies for the long post, I rarely if ever post here- but this is a topic I felt worth posting.

Allen

SXM Sponsors
Re: Kennys- Leslie & Shirley- Above and Beyond [Re: allenf] #105267
08/13/2016 06:31 PM
08/13/2016 06:31 PM
Rhode Island
RonDon Offline
Traveler
RonDon  Offline
Traveler
Rhode Island
Well said. When needed most you had someone in "your corner".

Re: Kennys- Leslie & Shirley- Above and Beyond [Re: allenf] #105268
08/13/2016 06:39 PM
08/13/2016 06:39 PM
MILford,CT.
B
bonsie Offline
Traveler
bonsie  Offline
Traveler
B
MILford,CT.
Your story is one reason why we always rent from Kenny's. lesley and Shirley proved what wonderful business owners they are.
Bob & Nancy

Re: Kennys- Leslie & Shirley- Above and Beyond [Re: allenf] #105269
08/15/2016 09:14 AM
08/15/2016 09:14 AM
Charleston, SC
StMartinMike Offline
Traveler
StMartinMike  Offline
Traveler
Charleston, SC
I am glad everything worked out for you.

Leslie and Shirley ROCK- from Mike in Charleston, SC. They are the only company I will rent a car from because they TOTALLY understand customer service AND they are wonderful people above all else!!

"All of us have in our veins the exact same percentage of salt in our blood that exists in the ocean...And when we go back to the sea...we are going back from whence we came."
>((((º>