LODGING: I stayed an extra week in Bequia at The Tradewinds Bequia Marina Cottage. The cottage is a wonderful place to stay it sleeps 4 but is good for a family as the bathroom is in the master bedroom and has no door. Bequia is quiet in August to November. It picks up and there are many people and boats in the harbor. I was able to walk down the street to go snorkeling and to the store. They use EC dollars and a beer is about 2.50 US any where you go.

FLIGHT ROUTING FROM U.S.: American from Bradley to Antiqua then on the way home SVG Air from Bequia to Barbados stopping in Mustique. That flight was 5 minutes long. Barbados to Miami to Bradley. One glitch the flight in Barbados was delayed so I didn't make my connecting flight.

RESTAURANTS: Cocos and Sailors, Devils Table,

CREW:Wayne and Lara on 51 Foot Privilege named Passion

TRIP REPORT:August 22, 2009 There were people coming on my flight that Shelia from Tradewinds Cruise Club connected us with before the trip. It was nice to correspond and talk before we go together on the boat. We landed in Antigua at the same time that 3 other planes did yikes!!!!.2:30 pm But we made our way though customs and immigration. Took the cab to Jolly Harbor 24 dollars per cab split it 3 ways which made it 10.00 per person. Arrived at Jolly Harbor about an half hour later. Checked in and got our snorkel gear as usual They wanted us checked in so we could leave the harbor that night. Sailed with Bill and Marsha and Karen and Kiley Debbie and Susan and Me Sandy Met the Harbor Master on a boat called Chardonnay. No Chardonnay but they had Heinekin. Left the dock and sailed to Carslile Bay and had dinner.

Sunday: August 23; sailed from Carslile Bay to Deshaies pronounced day-hay, long sail. up at 4:00 Bumpy ride between 10 -20 foot seas. We had the remnants of Bill. We arrived around 2:00. Snorkeled and had noodle party and lunch Sailed down to Pigeon Island and the Jacques Cousteau underwater park. Lots of big parrot fish, cuttle fish cow fish, Stayed there for the night.

Monday August 24; Sailed from Jacques Cousteau to underwater park to Isle De Saintes.Quiet harbor. We talked and solved the problems of the world Slept out side that night as it was clear and not raining.

Tuesday August 25 up early in the morning for sail to Dominica. The sunrise was beautiful. Got to Dominica and took with and Island tour Lawrence of Arabia AKA Sam, while our captain and hostess moved the boat town to Roseau. Dominica is a Eco Tourism island. Black sand beaches and many waterfalls and bubbling pools and a rain forest and incredible agriculture. Most of the bananas grown go to UK

Wednesday August 26; Got up very early 3:00 to set sail for St Lucia . Bill caught a Mahi Mahi but he was to small so we set it free. Marsha caught a flying fish though her porthole window. Martinique is a very long island. We saw dolphin around 2:00 that was wonderful, We kept on thinking Dolphin Dolphin and here they came. The power of suggestion is wonderful. We arrived at Rodney bay at around 4:00. It was a very long sail we kept on saying someone moved St Lucia!!! That night Dinner was on shore at Bosons. It was good Right in the harbor I had Curried Chicken. others had Fish it was all good.

Thursday August 27 Breakfast and a walk about.bought some lime Rum. it is the only place I know to buy Lime Rum YUM!!!!! Sailed down to the Pitons. it is majestic how these mountains come straight you of the see. We didn't have depth readings til 190 feet deep. Make sure you pay the Marine park Warden and not the guy who helps you tie up to the mooring. The Warden came by at about 4:30. Ice was very expensive there as well. Dinghy-ed over to the area to snorkel. Lots of schools of fish. The second Piton is taller but you only get that perspective when you are heading towards St Vincent and look back. Played Spoons that afternoon before dinner. We had lots of fun.

Friday August 28 Up early again around 3:00 Set sail for St Vincent. You could see the Pitons for a very long time. The sky was very rainy and weather was all around us but we never encountered rain. St Vincent stole our wind but we sailed on the main and the motors. Got to the tip of St Vincent and to Young island. Lots of fish. Very good area for snorkeling. and Noodle parties.

Saturday August 29 Great sail from Young island to Bequia. Sailed with the wind behind us it didn't feel like we were going fast but we were moving. We got almost to the mouth of the bay to go into Bequia and Wayne our captain says I got you here safe and sound. and the Anchor goes down. No one touched a button the Ghost of the boat I guess. Dinner at Devils table that night sad Goodbyes to captain and crew

I love SXM and the UCONN HUSKIES!!!