We just returned from GLB on 9/27 and here is a brief account of our trip.

We flew out of Orlando on Air Jamaica on Sunday, 9/20. Because of a delay in boarding and on the tarmac, we didn't arrive at GLB until nearly 5:00 PM. At registration we were surprised that we were given a second floor room on the nude side. We had requested a first floor room back in March. The young lady at reception politely said it would be handled on Monday.

We just unpacked what was needed for dinner and left our suitcases intact. We went to the Italian restaurant (more on the food and restaurants later) The following morning we visited the registration desk and settled the room mix-up. After relaxing at the pool and having lunch, we were given room 3007. We moved in and returned to the pool. Room 3007 was a great room with 2 bathrooms and separate living and sleeping areas. The oceanfront doors opened to a wonderful view of the beach.

Our daily routine was walking in the morning, breakfast, poolside reading, volleyball, lunch, back to poolside and more reading. During the day we had some wonderful conversations with the various couples we met and these conversation led into cocktail hour. We really didn't wait until a prescribed "hour" but it sounds better.

We would go to the Piano Bar before dinner and chat with some of the couples we met and then go to dinner. After dinner, there are the various activities that we sometimes went to and sometimes not. Some nights we returned to the bar for another cocktail before calling it a night. I will admit that we attended the PJ Party and the Toga Party. For some reason I lost my toga, it just fell off. They called me to the stage and gave me a card for a bottle of rum. I think I was over-served. Neither party was well attended and those there were mostly from the nude side of the resort.

Dinner

Sunday - Having just arrived and not having reservations, we ate in the Italian restaurant. My Lasagna was horrible. Nan's Pizza was palatable. We avoided the Italian restaurant after that.

Monday - We did Victoria's Market which is a buffet of standard Jamaican dishes and standards. It was okay. Food temperature was a problem.

Tuesday - We did Japanese at the communal grill table. It was decent and fun. We met two young couples that were staying on the prude side. The next day they were on the nude side.

Wednesday - We went to the French restaurant and had a wonderful meal. I had Calamari, Salad, Corn chowder and a Rack of Lamb. Nan had Filet Mignon and Salad. Nan had Crème' Brule and I had some chocolate thing.

Our waiter was Sanjay and he did a good job.

Thursday - Japanese - Sushi Bar. Our Sushi Chef was O'Neil. He is a Jamaican native who went to Culinary School in Jamaica and then traveled to Japan for his Sushi school. His skills were evident and we enjoyed a great assortment of different pieces of Sushi. I can't recall all of what we ate but it was good and the presentation was excellent.

Friday - On this night Braco held their street fair. Different chef stations were set-up in the "town square", which is a circle. There was music and Blackjack tables. The area was awash with special lighting and music played. The tables were set up in the street and we all grabbed a plate of this and then another of that. Temperature was not a problem as the food was being prepared at the station. Drinks were brought table-side or you could go to the bar in the street. This was a fun night and a great meal.

Saturday - Back to the French restaurant. Not the same and disappointing. On Wednesday when I was served my Rack of lamb, it had five chops and was medium rare. Tonight, there were two chops like you get at the Beach bar and they were well-done! Nan tried the Seared Tuna and ordered it rare. When the fish came, it wasn't Tuna. The fish looked like Cod or Tilapia. I called over Sanjay and he told me it was white Tuna. We left.

Lunch - We usually ate at the nude bar (I can't get used to this AN thing) Twice we went to Victoria's Market, for a change. The Jerk Bar was closed.

While we were there, there were about 20 couples staying on the nude side. Only the first building was occupied. The AN (okay, I said it) clubhouse was mostly not used. In a past visit, it was a sit-down restaurant and bar. The building was freshly painted and that's a good thing. The rest of the resort is in dire need of painting and other maintenance. I'm hopeful that the brand change will ensure the necessary upkeep.

All in all, we had a wonderful time and met some nice people.

Questions? Comments?