We've completed our charter in Croatia, and I've just put up my first blog post about it: Croatia Sailing Trip Report - Part 1 . More to come.

In terms of the basics, we book-ended our trip with days in London (including a day at Wimbledon). So our flights were pretty easy, since we have non-stop service to London Heathrow from the DC area. Once in London, we flew Croatian Airlines directly to Split, and on the return flew Croatian from Split to Zagreb to London. (Croatian only has 6 planes, and flies limited routes, but everything was comfortable, efficient and on time).

We sailed with Sunsail out of their base in Agana (about 30 minutes from the Split airport). Our boat was a 44 foot catamaran with 4 cabins and 4 heads -- there were 6 of us plus a skipper. YES, unless you have a license, you must take a skipper regardless of your experience (mandated by law). So, even though we'd chartered larger boats bareboat, and 4 of us had experience as cruisers including open ocean and overnight passages, it didn't matter. However, in the end, our skipper proved to be a very good value, because things are very different in the Adriatic than the Caribbean.

Feel free to ask any other questions in the meantime, while the other blog posts are in the works.

I've got a Caribbean Soul I can barely control... (JB)