Very long flights to get here - JFK to LAX then LAX to HNL but thank heavens for those AA FF miles - first class seats made it a bit more tolerable.

Cabbed it to Marriott Waikiki Beach and in bed almost immediately - very nice hotel but huge and could use some updating for the prices they charge but again, those Marriott points came in handy. We had a lovely room for the three nights there over-looking the pool and looking out at the beach. Gorgeous. They comped us our breakfasts daily and those who've been to Hawaii know that's huge.......food is very expensive.

First day out we did the helo tour. In honesty, typically I'm terrified of heights - like standing on a chair makes me squeamish so I really did vow before leaving home I wasn't gonna' do it. Wrong!! And after the first five minutes of adjusting mentally to the sounds and the feelings, the trip was great. Seeing Oahu from the air is truly spectacular. Spent the rest of the day at the pool and had a light dinner at the hotel.

Friday we spent the day at the pool and in the evening we did the Star of Honolulu dinner cruise. Apparently DH won lottery and didn't tell me but he chose to do their seven course 5 star dinner cruise with champagne welcome and photos with the Captain, window seating on the upper deck lounge and main lobster and filet mignon - awesome, all of it. The couple seated next to us were too funny - had no clue about anything we were served and they actually made the trip for us as they were very personable and at some points,just plain funny. The husband was anticipating a huge main lobster and couldn't believe the tiny half a tail he was ultimately served. The food was all delicious and honestly, by the time we were finished with dinner, most of us were stuffed. Well, except for the man next to us, that is. They had a cabaret singer and a piano man along with a sax player and it was all good. The traffic in Honolulu is another story but at least r/t transport from the hotel was included. It was pleasant to sail up the coast of Waikiki as the sun set and the city lights turned on and the Friday night fireworks display was an added little bonus. It was all good.

Saturday morning we went out to the pool and were treated to the Hawaiian Aloha Spirit parade going right by our hotel. Headed out for the ship around one and here we are.

Our suite is lovely and the balcony is bigger than our porch at home - big enough for two huge and comfy lounges and a dining table with four chairs. John's in his glory. And he's very pleased that his wish was granted and our butler is a delightful young woman who just wants to please. Oh, my! I may never get off this ship.

And tomorrow we awake in Maui.........night all!

And some special thanks to friends for all the suite goodies - decorations and cake and even a bottle of the bubbly. I don't think it could get much better. You shouldn't have but thank you all so very much.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."