Here we go!!<br>2/20 Day 1<br> Left Phila. About one hour late for boarding because of a security check of the plane. We were sitting at the gate with the crew and they said this happens a lot now. Twenty minute or so delay after boarding until we took off US Air nonstop to SXM. Had to circle for about 10 minute until runway cleared at SXM but we got there only about I hour late. This our second time here and again rented our car from Mickey at Tropical. They met us at the airport and after a short stop to do the paper work off we went. Traffic around Cole Bay was the usual mess but we persevered and got through Marigot undeterred. We used Jim Rios (a sponsor) to book our lodging at L’Hoste this time and he saved us 10% because we were repeat customers. We fly with FF miles so we book our own flight and hence the mid week departure. Checked in and were greeted by Frederic new to us and full of energy and good cheer. After unpacking off to Marigot to here the music and dinner at L’ Bar de Mer. The bride loved the stuffed crab and I the fresh water shrimp. The place was very busy and we had not yet to decompress and get ourselves on island time we were very fidgety when the check didn’t arrive when we thought it should. This became less of a problem for us as the week went by and we were able to relaxed more. Back to Orient and to bed, as it was a long first day. <br><br>2/21 Day 2 <br> Breakfast at Madras and off to Philipsburg to get the cell phone hooked up and buy some jewelry. Unfortunately I am self-employed and must be in contact with home at all times. Went to the Cingular office by mistake. They are one block over from ECC. We decided to try them because the rate to the US was $1.00 a minute. Only problem was that you have to prepay so had to buy one of there phone cards later in the week. The biggest part of that problem was that it caused another trip back to Phillipsburg and an even larger jewelry purchase (ouch). Back to Orient and settled at La Playa (our favorite) Went for a walk and passed the now famous three legged man. Had lunch at La Playa very good (that check thing again) and dinner that night was at Talk of the Town. Took a walk through the main street of Grand Case and off to bed. The crowds are much smaller than we remember 2 years ago.<br><br>2/22 Day 3<br> Breakfast at Madras the continental is included with our room and was great. They gave you a basket of bread, croissants, fruit, yogurt and other stuff and it was all you can eat. I love the strong coffee. Morning trip to Marigot for shopping. The wife loves the French fashions and the town has a great atmosphere to me. Back to Orient with lunch at Pedroes. Relaxed at L Playa for the afternoon. Dinner at L Saint Germain (not sure of spelling) my dinner was good but the wife’s meat was very undercooked (raw!) The owner came over and everything was fixed right away. When we went to pay I thought we would save money if we used Euros by the prices on the menu but the girl said it took to long to convert and the machine timed out. Went through nicely when dollars was used. There was music all over the marina had a great time. <br><br>2/ 23 Day 4<br> Usual breakfast then off to Pinel Island. This is our first time there. Loved the little island went to the beach over the hill and shared it with one other couple most of the day. Had packed our own lunch and had our drinks in the collapsible cooler (Lands End) Dinner at Sol e Luna was the best we had all week. The wife loved her desert it was something with bananas. If you haven’t noticed by now we are not great gourmets and don’t know a lot about French food. (do not understand a lot of the English explanations either) Something we can learn in the off-season maybe.<br><br>2/24 Day 5<br> Spent the whole day at Orient this was the most happening day of the week there. Saw a lot of locals who work in the shops and restaurants out for a day of relaxation. Great music at Pedroes and some French music at La Playa later in the evening after Pedroes. Dinner that night was at Madras good pizza & pasta, as we did not fell like going out anywhere. <br><br>2/25 Day 6<br> Drove over to Oyster Bay and had a look around in the AM. Met a woman from South Africa at the dive shop whose mother shared the same odd last name as me. Had a lovely chat with her about our family histories before my wife dragged me out. Off to Philipsburg to get a card for the phone and the second jewelry purchase. (I am still crying) Lunch in Margot at a little place in the Marina called La Petite Auberge very good and price was right. After lunch back to Orient for the rest of the day. Dinner that night at La bar de la mer again. She wanted another shot at her crab dish. We had a great time with the waiter and did not care when the check came.<br><br>2/26 Day 7 <br>Cloudy all day a little rain off and on but spent the day at Orient anyway. Wife felt under the weather when we got back to the room. The combination of to much sun and not drinking enough water caught up to her. For dinner I walked up alone to the Café Plantation thought I could get a burger or something. This place was a pleasant surprise. Very small place but an excellent dinner & desert (no burgers) That check thing again but who cares. <br><br>2/27 day 8<br> Last day weather was beautiful sunny but hardly any breeze. After our usual breakfast one final walk on the beach. Stopped by to talk to Andy at Baywatch. Love his accent & attitude and nice to talk to someone who can speak the same English as we do. (Mid Atlantic) Off the beach, check out and a stop at Friars Bay to see what the crane is doing there. You can see the crane from the main road. It is there to build what appears to be a large house. The site looks a little too small for a hotel. Lunch again in Margot at La petite Auberge. Some last minute shopping and a drive the long way around to the airport for pictures. Mickey from Tropical met us at the departure area and took the car, which we had no problem with all week. This is the easiest way we have ever rented a car; they met you when you get there and when you leave. This is the second time we used Tropical and he will be seeing us again. 2-½ hrs early for the flight we checked all our bags so we didn’t have to drag then around the airport with us. All our bags were hand searched. No big lines or waits. Having some Euros left we went to pay the departure tax with them only to find out it is $20 American and 25 Euro so as we say in Philly “Hosed again” Flight was on time and arrived back in Philly to windy 32 degree weather. <br><br>General Comments<br><br>Saw a lot of construction all over the island.<br>Just a little afraid Orient Beach will be built up in a few years like the Jersey shore.<br>A lot more children around this time <br>Every were we went the shops, restarants, and streets seemed only half full based on our visit 2 years ago<br>Saw a lot of Americans, Locals and French tourist with stars and stripes on there person<br>Got around a lot better this time, learned at what time and how to go places<br>Loved the 80+ couple on Orient, him nude her in robe and Gloria Swanson turban<br>My wife swears I will talk to anybody even stray donkeys<br>I think my wife tried to personally boost the local economy<br>Forgot to do a lot of stuff we planed to do<br>Pictures on their way <br>Planning our next trip already<br><br>