Well on our last day,hopefully, we walked the streets absorbing the sights, sounds, and smells of a city like no other. The land of bicycles and public transportation. Where the people are so friendly and the city is alive.

[Linked Image]

We finished the day at my favorite place to eat in Amsterdam, “the bordewijk“, in the Northern section of the Jordaan district. On the way we saw what we has been missing for the last 5 days.

[Linked Image]

As Taj Mahal sings in the classic blues song…

You don’t miss your water until your well done gone dry… And damn the sight of that plane was a cool cup of water!

So then after a wonderful meal I log onto the United page hoping to see our plane has departed and we are greeted with the following update:

[Linked Image]

Ok dudes and dudettes, after 5 days with international crews sitting with their thumbs up their… Well you know what I mean!

Oh well, so now I close my eyes in the hopes that sometime during the night United Airlines can find some one willing to show up to work and possibly do their job. So I go to bed with the same unknown as I did when all this started.

Next entry from home… United willing

Tell tomorrow

Have a happy!

Last edited by Carol_Hill; 06/03/2010 11:05 AM.

“Every time I open a bottle of wine, it is an amazing trip somewhere!” José Andrés