This is my belated trip report to Paradise Lakes and Caliente over the first weekend of this month. As usual, I'll focus mostly on changes at the resorts since my last visit, which was in the fall.

In short, there haven't been many changes. The condo area of Paradise Lakes now has new lawn furniture on the new concrete pads recently constructed near each building. The store is now under different management. Its schedule is roughly the same and you can still call them (at a different number) if you want to buy something when it's "closed". They're now back to being mostly a boutique and have eliminated the items which necessitated a "nobody under 18 allowed sign". Numerous signs in the bar said that effective in late March, happy hour pricing is now two for the price of one (I have no idea what it was before that).

The club had the most changes. One of the three booths used to be reserved for the resort's owner, but now all three can be reserved. There appear to be three new spotlights on trusses, but I don't know what they're for since they weren't used. There are also two Vegas-style shadow boxes on the stage and a pole on one side of the dance floor.

Caliente had many fewer changes. When we were in the club on Friday, the poles weren't there, so I thought they made have given up on them. But they were back on Saturday, so that may be the new routine. The only major change I noticed was that DJ Jack was not running the karoke, but instead somebody else was. Does anybody know the story there? I liked him.

As to things that did not change which we expected to, both the original pool at Paradise Lakes and the main pool at Caliente were still not heated and were in the low 70's when I was there. The original hot tub at Paradise Lakes was still not running.

We were at Caliente Friday and Saturday nights and most of the day on Saturday. The resort was very crowded during those times. However, I have no information on room occupancy or what weekdays are like. Since I was at Caliente on the peak times, I couldn't get a sense of how busy Paradise Lakes was then, but based on what I saw on the off days, they seem to have a considerable number of visitors. (However, I again have no insight on room occupancy.) This contrasts with what I saw back in the fall when I was concerned about the possible implications of the number of people I saw. I no longer have those concerns.

However, I am disappointed that neither resort appears to be making any attempt to get back their AANR charters. At a time when nudism is under increasing attack from our enemies, having the two largest nudist resorts outside of the nudist organization is giving "aid and comfort" to our enemies and I wish these resorts would look a little further than their bottom line in this matter.

I'll be at both resorts again the first weekend of next month and will report any changes. If anybody has any questions about either resort, I'll be glad to do my best to answer it.