Trying to fit our usual week or so summer BVI trip into a four night stay in April posed some challenges and some opportunities. My wife and I knew that we were not going to have time to engage in some of our favorite activities (day sail, visit to Jost etc) so we decided to focus on taking advantage of the fact that we would be coming during high season for the first time. Thus, our priorities became;

1--Live music
2--Lobster for my wife (I'm allergic)
3--Serious limin' (which for me involves a good cigar and books I've been meaning to read.

Got back last night and I'm proud to say "Mission Accomplished" on all fronts.

Music--Quito solo for two hours on Thurs. Wonderful as usual, plus we won a great book on the history of Tortola for answering a trivia question. Quito with the Edge on Fri was equally great. Got a real treat Saturday afternoon while swimming at CGB. Quito and the Edge rehearsing, going over all of his "greatest hits". Reuben at Bananakeet on Fri only makes a great meal even better. Brian Neale does a great job of keeping the mood flowing at Myett's during Happy Hour. And, of course, the Elmtones on Sunday night helped cap an incredible weekend of great music.

My wife proclaimed the lobster at Sebastians to be the best she's ever had. Their title only lasted two days until she had another one at Stanley's. Now it's 1A and 1B in her opinion.

The high school English teacher in me is pretty proud of the fact that I knocked off the last edition of a lengthy Hemingway bio that I've been reading for the past few months, re-read Fitzgerald's "Tender Is The Night", Wolfe's "The Right Stuff" and finally got a chance to read "An Embarassment of Mangoes". Maybe Red-Stripe really does aid reading comprehension, eh?

Sad to say we only had four nights, but it is great to know that we can have a satisfying time even when time and/or finances dictate a shorter stay.