Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,951
Posts342,014
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 34
RonDon 33
mahokid 32
erb923 28
kim 18
Member Spotlight
SXMScubaman
SXMScubaman
Auburn, WA
Posts: 21,591
Joined: March 2009
Today's Birthdays
bugambilias
Who's Online Now
7 members (DanS, Lucyann, MrEZgoin, NumberCruncher, timnboston, 2 invisible), 1,403 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#120989 02/15/2017 12:22 PM
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 267
T
TIMRIM Offline OP
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
T
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 267
Does anyone know of a store in road Town that sells fishing gear? Like rods, reels?

Thanks

BVI Sponsors
.
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,214
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,214
There was one right by Village Cay, towards the cruise ship dock, I think Administrative Drive. It was in a rounded building. Also another one on Waterfront, near Pebbles Hospital.

Not sure if either one is still open?


Colleen

[Linked Image]


Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,688
Likes: 1
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,688
Likes: 1
Marine Depot is the one next to Village Cay and Richardson's Rigging is on Waterfront Drive just west of the ferry dock.

Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 267
T
TIMRIM Offline OP
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
T
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 267
Thanks

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,213
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,213
Richardson has even fixed one of my reels. He has a a very good selection of lures as well. He even carries rigged ballyhoo. He also tuned my rigging, very nice man.

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 4,597
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 4,597
Drake's Traders (an Ace Hardware store) in Fish Bay has a small fishing tackle section. They have complete rigs at fairly reasonable prices.


Walker Mangum
Cow Wreck Beach, Anegada
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 3,229
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 3,229
Funny fish tackle story. Years ago when we were based at East End I needed some steel leader. I went to our local department store (the one selling heavy blankets). They had leader, but no price. The clerk had no clue on price, I didn't care price, I had guest arriving that wanted to fish. I said I will give you $20 for the 2 you have. She refused to take my money as it might be less or it might be more, the discussion lasted too long and I lost....So I left with no steel leader and we adapted by buying pre rigged Ballyhoo from Marina Cay. The pre rigged ballyhoo was a great way to feed the fish and not catch anything.


Mike

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5