Trip Report 5/15/10 to 5/22/10
Dulles to SXM-uneventful.
Met Lesley from Kenny’s Car Rental in the lot WITH the phone from Sharon. Great service from both and highly recommended. Immigration took no time at all.
Stayed at the Towers. Checked in was to be in room 311-asked for a room with a view and was given 703! Thank goodness! Off to grocery for GOUDA!! Etc.
Bahatzu for our first dinner on island! Love this place. The staff is wonderful and fun and the food is amazing! Had the cassoulette and a Caesar for dinner, hubby had petit filet and potatoe. Dinner was great!
Sunday-drove to the Radisson for massages and to see the resort. Breakfast buffet at the resort $42!
Got to the spa an hour early hoping for steam and sauna, no such luck. They don’t have any, sooo, wanted to hang by the pool for the hour wait, that costs $25 each!! The attendant was so sweet, she gave the bracelets for free to use the pool. Nice massages. Off to Mullet for Rosies ribs and cheeseburgers and beer. Dinner at Pineapple Petes—Shrimp stuffed with crabmeat yummy, hubby had the blackened mahi-mahi that was ok. Bottle of wine and water, crème brulee, more wine-$127 including 12% tip and 3%tax, we left more of a tip. Ronny Santana the singer, guitarist is great and so much fun we spent the evening there listening to him.
Monday-Zee Best for breakfast—eggs Florentine are delicious! Hubby had scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, oj-$32. Spotty showers so seemed like the day to go shopping. Off to Mr. Tablecloth, DK Gems and Rimas. The camera broke, so Deepti sent us to Klauss Electronics for a new one. Love my new camera! Gulmohars for Ma Du Du and rum cakes. They are SO nice in there. They were out of the airbags, but wrapped the rum perfectly and all of it made it back in tact!!! Tropicana for our anniversary dinner. We always go here and love it! Bottle of wine, water, spring rolls, penne with lobster, shrimp, scallops in lobster bisque for me and hubby got banana encrusted grouper. Crème brulee to die for!! $160 incl. tip.
Tues-Mary’s Boon for breakfast. Always wanted to go and never got there. What a great place. Both of us had eggs, sausage, toast, juice for $18 plus tip. Off to Maho pharmacy for hypoallergenic bug spray as I was having a reaction to the Off. Got all our prescriptions filled for dirt cheap!!!! You can even order them on line!!! Off to Baie Rouge-love this beach-lunch at Chez Raymond-cheeseburger and fries and ribs and beer-$27. Kinda full so wanted something light-like tapas. Went to Khush is Cupecoy—reallyl cool ambiance. Ordered 3 tapas and bottle of wine-shrimp were delicious, the spring rolls good, but the RISOTTO—OMG-was unbelievable!!! These were the largest portions of tapas I’ve ever seen and Shaz the owner told hubby how to make the risotto—he’s made it already and its amazing!!!!
Wed.-Karacters—really cool place. Had the olive and cheese plate and the bitterballen—hubby had to have them cuz he loved the name! Water a little rough. Stop off at the Drift wood-love this place to watch the planes. Peg Leg Pub for dinner and to see cover to cover. Unfortunately, the band had an issue and couldn’t play. Did not like replacement guys. I had Caesar with grilled shrimp, hubby had filet with potato and veggie, wine-$75 incl. tip.
Thurs-La Sucriere for crossoints and oj-$8. Palm Beach in Orient—WOW—really cool place. Staff super nice and the day was superb. Lunch me Caesar and hubby had sushi. Delicious! Great day. Dinner back to Pineapple Pete-bottle wine and water, cheeseburger for me and hubby had the Jamaican jerk wrap which he loved.
Friday-Sunset Beach Bar for breakfast-both of us eggs, bacon, toast juice, water-$22. Back to Baie Rouge—and chez Raymond. Decided for our last night on the island we had to go back to Bahatzu. Love the staff and the food and the prices. Shrimp skewers for me and hubby had jerk pork and both loved our meals.
Sat-Breakfast at Café Atlantico-eggs with sausage and toast for both-$17. Hung out at the pool at the towers, drift wood for a last beer. Drop off car and airport. Passport control took35-45 minutes. Uneventful flight home.
All in all-another wonderful trip to our favorite place. Met lots of great people. Ate and drank WAY to much-but its vacation-right? Can’t wait to go back in May. Didn’t get to do previous “must dos” and now we have new ones! Palm Beach and Karakters just became absolute must dos!! 1 week is NOT enough time. Sorry this was so long, I left a lot out—had many fun adventures.