Member Spotlight
louismcc
louismcc
Houston, Texas
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
doones, dreamsfloatjoe, Grimes
Who's Online Now
30 registered members (MrEZgoin, davidandsusannj, BaardJ, jaxon60, LINNY, OllieEh, Kennys, pandpfromcanada, Buddyhog, Alltech63, BillB42, KirkB, SXMScubaman, Jaybird, bailau, JerseyPal, xrayman67, wct49, CaribbeanCanadians, Zanshin, 10 invisible), 898 guests, and 84 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Grilled Salmon with Lentils #12257
06/20/2010 07:58 PM
06/20/2010 07:58 PM
Peaceful Eastern North Carolin...
GaKaye Offline OP
Traveler
GaKaye  Offline OP
Traveler
Peaceful Eastern North Carolin...
I love healthy food, and when it's delicious too, that's just a bonus! I developed this recipe from an idea of Ina Garten (the Barefoot Contessa). We had it tonight for dinner, and it was just delicious!

Grilled Salmon with Lentils

Serves 4

3 T olive oil
1/2 large white onion, diced
3 stalks celery, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 lb red lentils
3 cups chicken stock
2 T red wine vinegar
4 6-oz salmon fillets, skin removed
Olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Heat a deep skillet over medium heat until hot. All olive oil, and heat until the oil shimmers. Add the onion, celery, and red bell pepper, and saute until crisp tender. Add salt and pepper to season. Add lentils and chicken stock, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cover and simmer for about 45 minutes, or until lentils are somewhat tender, but not mushy.

While lentils are simmering, preheat grill on high. Pat salmon fillets dry with a paper towel, rub with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Place on hot grill, and cook until salmon releases easily from grates; turn and cook until medium rare. Remove from grill and keep warm.

When lentils have absorbed most of the liquid, remove cover and stir in vinegar.

Place a couple of spoonsful of lentils on the plate and top with a salmon fillet to serve.

To be completely honest, I made this with only 2 salmon fillets, and we definitely ate more than half the lentils. I'll have the rest for lunch tomorrow.

Re: Grilled Salmon with Lentils [Re: GaKaye] #12258
06/21/2010 09:52 AM
06/21/2010 09:52 AM
Basking Ridge, NJ Southold, NY...
peconic Offline
Traveler
peconic  Offline
Traveler
Basking Ridge, NJ Southold, NY...
along with a whole bunch of ribs...
I made salmon filets this weekend in a foil packet...
put a little mayo on enough of the foil to cover the bottom of the salmon filets...
placed salmon on top... S&P to taste...
spread a thin layer of mayo on top of the salmon...
and added about 5 sprigs of fresh dill and thin sliced onions and thin sliced lemon rounds on top of that...
sealed foil into a packet...
Grilled over low heat for about 6 minutes (3 mins. per side) over medium heat...
YUMMM...

[color:"blue"]Life with my wife... It's not just a marriage, It's an Adventure![/color]
"Only Sailors Get Blown Offshore" <*}}}><{