Hi all! Like many of you, when we returned from Tortola and found the Board was down, we went through serious BVI withdrawal. I am so glad it is now back in operation. Now I gain regain some of my island mentality...which will help until our next trip.<br><br>Here's a brief recap of our 6/5 to 6/10 trip to Tortola:<br><br>DAY ONE: Leave the house at 2:00 a.m. to drive to MIA for AA 6:05 flight! None of us were searched at gates, except for my daughter who insisted on carrying her pillow and a blanket in her knapsack. Next trip, it stays behind!<br><br>Arrived in San Juan at 8:30 a.m. and we wandered the terminal until our 10:30 Eagle flight to Beef Island. Slim pickings for food that time of the morning...kid's tried cheese nachos, which didn't win the thumbs up sign at all! <br><br>Flight to Tortola was PACKED! Our daughter's boyfriend had never flown in a "small plane" and was certain the plane's wheels were going to land in the water upon our approach to the airport. For those going to the islands for the first time, try to get a seat on the right/starboard side of the plane. This way you'll see all of the islands on the way.<br><br>The new Beef Island airport is much nicer than expected, although I sort of missed the chickens on the runway and the sign upon arrival noting "Belongers" and "Non-Belongers."<br><br>We took a cab to Long Bay resort, which was $60 for the four of us, not including the tip. Our check-in by Carlotta when smoothly and fast. Our 3-bedroom villa was fabulous...a full kitchen, living room, 3 patios (2 covered), 3-baths, and the main floor patio had a huge dining table and a stainless steel gas grill. The views from our villa were spectacular and the kids (this was their first trip) fell in complete love with the island.<br><br>Got our mash-n-go mobile and set off for Roadtown to purchase food and RUM! Also, stopped at fish market and picked up four HUGE lobsters for the grille (they were cheap AND delicious!). Took the kids for a quick trip to Smugglers Cove, by Bomba's and to Cane Garden Bay.<br><br>After dinner, off to Bomba's. Drank way too much Carib and rum, danced a lot, ran into someone I graduated from high school with (!) and my daughter and I left with autographed t-shirts from Bomba. (You should see the faces when I wear this shirt to the gym, especially because it mentions Bomba's famous magic mushroom tea.)<br><br>DAY TWO: All day snorkeling trip aboard the Two Trick Pony with Capt. Ronnie and mate, Marlin. Two other couples joined us. Trip started at 8:30 a.m. and ended at 6:30 p.m....long day. Price was $100 per person and included taxi to and from Nanny Cay Marina, snorkeling gear, snacks, lunch, drinks and all day open bar. Snorkeled the Indians, Caves, Salt Island wreck, the Baths, and an one hour layover at Peter Island. A fun-filled day, and a great bargain for the price. Seas were smooth and visability unbelievable!<br><br>DAY THREE: Land-based activities...trip to Skyworld for photos, and hiking in Mt. Sage National park. Met a great donkey/mule along the trails who practically stampeded the forest to get to us. Made for some great photographs. After several hours hiking, got 50 ft. from car at Mt. Sage car park, and I feel on de big stone rock and mashed de foot. Ended up at a bar for libations an ice for de fat foot. <br><br>Because I didn't want to "ruin the party," we went to Roadtown for shopping and lunch. I walked (hobbled) all over the place, until I couldn't hobble any more due to PAIN! Finally went back to Long Bay and husband proceded to supply ice packs and RUM. Kids enjoyed the beach and weren't very dissapointed.<br><br>That night, we hobbled to Quito's for drinks, dinner and live music by Quito. Great night. Nicki kept us entertained...unbelieveingly, we ran into a party of four who frequents the resort my husband manages in Florida. All of us were surprised to see one another! It definitely is a small world.<br><br>DAY FOUR: Winds had picked up during the night, so windy and a bit overcast. Set off for Smugglers Cove. Kids and husband walked the beach, while I sat where I could put de mashed foot in the cold water. After a couple of hours, left for Cane Garden where the wind wasn't blowing so much sand around.<br><br>Cane Garden was simply beautiful. Enjoyed lime dacquiri's at Stanleys. Kids ate at Quitos and Gary and I enjoyed more lime dacquiri's at Stanleys and local cuisine.<br><br>Eventually did more sightseeing by car, caught a beautiful sunset, then back to resort.<br><br>DAY FIVE: Stayed at resort due to mashed foot. Lounged in the pool, drank more RUM and enjoyed the peace and quiet. Kids enjoyed the day as much as we did.<br><br>DAY SIX: Time to say good-bye. Turned in the mash-n-go mobile, and waited for cab. Said our good-byes to the island at 2:30 and finally arrived back in MIA at 10:30 and home at 1:30 a.m.<br><br>All of us enjoyed this trip immensely. Gary and I will return in September for some quiet time, and next summer for a week with friends. I simply can not wait! The only salvation is this board to connect with all of you and the BVI stories, our hundreds of digital and traditional photographs, and the four Quito CD's we picked up...another reminder are the torn ligaments and tendons I found out I had when I visited the doctor last week! So, when in the BVI....

[Linked Image]