Monday, October 18th, Day 6
Light breakfast at Sunset Café, a trip to the ATM for EURO's, drive to the Pharmacy in GC and to US Market, then to lunch at Orange Fever on Orient Bay. Met up with Olivier and Luc, who left Sunset Café to start up the beach bar. We were not disappointed, as lunch was Grouper Burger for me and Cheese Burger for the better half. Talked to Olivier about his falling off the roof last year just before we arrived for lunch. He broke his leg still has pins and screws inserted and plans to get them out shortly. Carib's, food and atmosphere great with a nice view of the bay. Walked the beach looking for TTOL people. Wore, my hat, spotted no one. Walked by Andy and Cheryl's, no one around, just help. Back to GCBC for water time until dinner. Anniversary Travelers 9 & 10 brought a bottle of Champagne down to the water to share with the Dirty Dozen.

Dinner on Monday for us, 3 & 4, 5 & 6 was Lolo's. Ribs, Chicken, Garlic Shrimp, salads, fries, & Johnny Cakes hit the spot. Fort Apache filled up with friends shortly after dinner and we were set for an evening under the stars with liquid refreshments. We eventually broke up the party and retired around 11 pm. Off to bed and get a litte rest. Tomorrows another day in paradise.

Tuesday, October 19, Day 7
Sunset Café light breakfast, then a call home for info. Mom not doing well, hard to understand her voice. Changed pace and went to P-Burg and shopping. Rima's, always the first stop in P-Burg. Stuff for G-Kids, dress for the wife, shirt for me, etc. Walked to Front St. Stopped at Gulmohars for Grand Marnier Liquor (Jaune-Lemon flavored). Sampled four or five digestives which apparently clouded my thinking, as I purchased quite a few varieties, raspberry, blueberry, chocolate, coffee & coconut to name a few. Staggered down a few stores and picked up Irish Mist, my favorite and Baileys for the wife. Figured it was time for lunch, so we headed for L'Escargot (duh!) We split a Conch Salad, Conch Fritters and of course, wifey had a sample of 12 varieties of Escargot. Back to GCBC with our booty and joined the group in the water until sunset. Dinner was at the Sunset Café with T-5 & 6. After the four of us had dinner, we sat out in Fort Apache and were joined by some of the group. Talked to a few wandering by and had pleasant conversations finding where they were from. Retired at 10:30pm.

Our first week came to a close. A great time was had for all. Noticed while walking back and forth to GCBC and Grand Case that Hibiscus was closed, vegetation overgrown. Spicy was closed (more on that later). Lots of Gendarmes present, driving thru Grand Case. Never felt unsafe, no crime present that we heard of.

Wednesday, October 20th, Day 8
Picked up light breakfast at Sunset Café. Sat out on patio to watch another day begin. Seems like a shower always happened at night, washing everything clean and fresh. We decided to make a "goody" run to Marigot and Sarafina's. Too many choices. Picked our eight French pastries, ham & cheese sandwich, ate two patisseries at a table. In walked T-9 & 10 for their sugar fix. Behind them came in T-1 & 2 for another box full of pastries and a few sandwiches. It started to rain so we left and stopped at Tijon Parfumerie which was finally open. Got lucky, as they are scheduled to open fully in November. Mireille sampled a few perfumes and picked out a nice, light scent. They were having a class on Thursday, where you learn how to make perfume and then make and name one that is scented to you. Wife didn't attend the class, but others in our group did and enjoyed the class.

Back in the warm water. Soon the group was all there. Mireille left the water and made a pitcher of Manhattans' for all to enjoy. Was a big hit, especially the cherries. We were then ready for sunset pictures and dinner. Choice for tonight was Ti Coin Creole. Six of us attended, T-3,4, 9 & 10. Seafood Pasta, Baked Mahi-Mahi were some choices. Travelers 1 & 2 went to Piazza Pascal's, T-5,6, 7 & 8 went to Ti Bouchon in Cul de Sac. Momo was packed, as reported. Food good, but not any time for Momo to have fun. Back at GCBC, we decided to hit the water for a evening water party. Eventually it was time to rest up for tomorrow.

Thursday, October 21, Day 9
Sunset Café for breakfast. Back to US Market at Hope Estates to re-stock up on wine, Jack Daniels, and a few other essentials. Quick stop at the MaDoudou Factory and back to GCBC. Went to lunch at Brasserie Les Illes in GC. Mireille and I split a cheeseburger and fries. Mireille had a Heineken and I had a Picon Beer. Great lunch as we were surrounded by Gendarmes. Walked around Grand Case, tried my luck at the rub off French Lottery tickets. Bought 8 Euro's worth (1 & 2 Euro tickets), had a few winners. Got all my investment back. Off to the water, as it was hot walking thru town. Most of the group was either in the water or camped out resting in Fort Apache. Not a great sunset, too cloudy. Walked back to Grand Case to the Lolo's for take out dinner. Shrimp, chicken and ribs with a variety of salads and side dishes. Eight of us sat in the picnic area next to our room for dinner. Plenty of wine, beer and refreshments along with fun and laughter. Noticed a green bikini top hanging in the rinse off shower area. Hung it on the "Picnic Area for Hotel Guests Only" sign in the picnic area for someone to claim it. Took a few pictures in fun, actually put it on for a few laughs. Re-hung it and went to bed.

Friday, October 22, Day 10
Woke up to a text message to call home. My mother had passed away at 4:30 am. She is in a better place now. It must be, because nobody comes back. She had a fair 90 years on Earth. Not the greatest times, not the worst. Thanks to all TTOL'ers for their thoughts and prayers. Went to Sunset Café for late breakfast. Spent time in the water until lunch time. Had lunch in room with T-5 & 6 talking.

The day was spent in the water again. What a great place to spend a day. The crowd was there, passing drinks around, enjoying the sun and warm water. Dinner was a blast. Went to L'Auberge Gourmande with 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 & 10. Mireille had her customary 12 Escargot, Fois Gras, Salade w/duck breast for me. Enjoyed a variety of dinner entrees, with a bottle of Champagne, 4 bottles of Sancerre for dinner. Shrimp & Scallops, Baked Tuna, Filet Mignon, just to name a few. All were excellent, followed by Crème Brulee and Chocolate
Mousse for most. Topped by some complimentary island rum, Pascal had outdone himself that evening. Our group got a little noisy as one in our group of Spanish decent tried to speak French from the dessert menu. Needless to say, it was beyond funny. Had everybody in the place laughing. A real sight to see, tears were everywhere. A real blast. Couldn't come a better time. But, then you had to be there. Great time for a sad day. We returned to GCBC and did our traditional "Skirt Dance" thru the streets in Grand Case. And, as normal, Ann from The Sky's the Limit had to come out and give me a hug and dance around. Can't go by The Sky's the Limit with out a hug and dance from Ann.

Back at Fort Apache we stayed until 3 am. During the evening we met another couple from Hillside NJ. Anita and Rob stayed for a while and enjoyed some MaDoudou, etc. Anniversary travelers 7, 8, 9 & 10 stayed with us until we closed the gates on Fort Apache in the early morning. Green Bikini top still hanging on the sign.