I will try and make this as short and sweet as I can in describing our two weeks in paradise[Linked Image][Linked Image]. We found SXM to be enchanting, surprising, hysterical and so many things I could go on and on. We loved it and are already planning another trip[Linked Image]when we can save enough money to go again[Linked Image]. I have broken our trip down as best I can and if anyone wants info on anything let me know.<br><br>We flew US Air non stop down and back out of PHL with no problems of any consequence. Our bags were checked only on the way back in SXM. Thank goodness since we had a cooler full of Ma Dou Dou and gwavaberry liquer coming home<br>[Linked Image][Linked Image]<br>We stayed at L'Atlantide in Grand Case for the two weeks and enjoyed our stay. Marilyn the manager was very accomodating and we found staying in Grand Case just right cause we could walk to get whatever food we wanted and drive most of the places we went in 15 minutes or so. It was reasonably clean and had a small kitchen(studio) and the most wonderful balcony with a spectacular view of the sunset and the lights of Anguilla every night[Linked Image].<br>Frenchy on this board recommended a grocery store called Rish's which took care of almost all our needs but it seems only locals know about it.<br><br>We spent most of everyday at a beach our favorites being Orient in front of Club O of course[Linked Image], Happy Bay, and Cupocoy when the wind was strong. We thought the others we saw were all beautiful as well including Plum Bay, Long Bay and Friars Bay however, we prefer no tan lines and so stayed at those beaches first mentioned. One interesting note was that on one day at Happy Bay which apparently is generally CO we were surprised by 3 gendarmes in uniform with guns[Linked Image]who came up to us and asked us to put our clothes on or go to Orient. We had decided to go to Cupocoy anyway cause it was so windy that day anyway, but were very surprised since the bar tender at Friars said it always had been CO acceptable. Other than that I would say our impression is the that these have to be the most wonderful beaches in the universe[Linked Image][img]/images/icons2/clapping.gif[/img][img]/images/icons2/groovin.gif[/img][img]/images/icons2/groovin.gif[/img]<br><br>We took the tiko tiko cruise and had a blast[img]/images/icons2/laugh.gif[/img][img]/images/icons2/laugh.gif[/img] though we recommend that people go when there are only 1 or no ships in port since they take trips to tintamare too and are really surprized to see a group of naked mud covered people!!!, went to the Loterie Farm and climbed Pic Paradise which was an amazing view and quite a climb[img]/images/icons2/shocked.gif[/img], went snorkling and thought it was great(though since it was our first time we wouldn't know what good or bad is)but we enjoyed it, spent several afternoons watching the planes come in at Sunset Beach bar which we thought was a blast[img]/images/icons2/shocked.gif[/img], went horseback riding on the beach and went swimming in the ocean on a horse[img]/images/icons2/laugh.gif[/img][img]/images/icons2/laugh.gif[/img][img]/images/icons2/laugh.gif[/img]I am a very experienced rider and this was a new experience for me and would recommend it to any one interested in riding on the beach. Bayside stables had good horses that were well cared for. I went on a private ride but there are reasonably prices group rides that do this and its great[img]/images/icons2/clapping.gif[/img][img]/images/icons2/clapping.gif[/img]. Also, shopping in Phillipsburg for jewely of course and felt I made good deals at Joe's and Shiva's and really enjoyed the bargaining process[img]/images/icons2/rofl.gif[/img] there and at the market on Saturday in Marigot.<br><br>We ate at Baywatch with Andy and Cheryl many times and feel like we are old friends having just met them[img]/images/icons2/cool.gif[/img], really good place for breakfast after that early beach walk, also at Pedros(fun), Pirate(food was ok but the place was always empty even on ship days), Kali's beach bar, Calmos Cafe, Main a La Pate in Marigot on the Marina(very good with good service)Sunset Cafe, Bryon's Place in Marigot, and Portofino's(Yvon the owner/manager was very much fun and entertained us all evening)he told us the story everyone must know by now about his accident with the Harley Davidson and hitting the donkey at night[img]/images/icons2/shocked.gif[/img]but wanted me to mention that he was not drinking or anything just going home after closing up the restaurant and the road was very dark and the donkey was laying in the middle of the road(typical)having a baby[img]/images/icons2/shocked.gif[/img]anyway, he is fine as well as the donkey and her baby. The harley is in critical condition[img]/images/icons2/laugh.gif[/img]. We ate in mostly on our balconey watching the sunset, picking up prepared food that was wonderful at the Bounty in Grand Case[img]/images/icons2/thumbsup.gif[/img][img]/images/icons2/thumbsup.gif[/img]and at Talk of the Town which was terrific. We are not big into gourmet food or eating out at expensive restaurants and found so many wonderful choices at these lolo etc we did not bother going out much.<br><br>Observations we made were that while the driving was like nothing we have ever experienced[img]/images/icons2/shocked.gif[/img]we adjusted after a few days and by the end of our trip wondered if they were on to something since we had witnessed no accidents and asked and most locals said they didnt really have a lot of serious accidents. I know here in the US our papers are filled with the killed and maimed in accidents everyday[img]/images/icons2/crazy.gif[/img][img]/images/icons2/hairy.gif[/img]<br>Alain Arnell at triple A car rental was great no problems and we would recommend[img]/images/icons2/thumbsup.gif[/img][img]/images/icons2/thumbsup.gif[/img]<br>While there were plenty of cruise ship people on those days at the Club O end of Orient we did not see one with black socks and wondered if they are improving there wardrobes[img]/images/icons2/laugh.gif[/img][img]/images/icons2/laugh.gif[/img]<br>We decided the worse the road looks with rocks, bolders and holes the more likely you are on the right road[img]/images/icons2/laugh.gif[/img][img]/images/icons2/laugh.gif[/img] <br>We took way too many clothes and not enough money[img]/images/icons2/laugh.gif[/img]<br>We found the island spectacularly beautiful and not a brown rock at all(maybe from recent rains)the weather was perfect for our two weeks and felt like we were on another planet rather than on the vacation of a lifetime.<br>We are hooked and we will be back as they say[img]/images/icons2/thumbsup.gif[/img][img]/images/icons2/thumbsup.gif[/img][img]/images/icons2/thumbsup.gif[/img][img]/images/icons2/thumbsup.gif[/img]