We have just finished the most heavenly dinner in our memory. Perhaps our view is influenced by the aura of new grandparenthood...but I don't think so.<br><br>With our plans to return home early, we decided to return to Citrus for our final dinner out on the island. We got there early...arriving a little after seven o'clock and we were the only guests at the restaurant. We were greeted by the host and hostess and by Chef Jeffrey Kipp with whom we had spoken on our last visit. Jeffrey went over the Chef's tasting menu that I had enjoyed on our last visit and proceeded to report that many of the items were changing and suggested he would put something together for us. The results were outstanding and changed our thinking about some foods that we thought that we didn't like or would never have tried without a little coaxing.<br><br>We started with a glass of champagne. That was followed by a chilled Cucumber Consume for Gretchen with home smoked salmon. I had a Duck Consume with smoked duck and baby corn. Both were very good.<br>This was followed by an appetizer for both of sweet breads with sliced pear and a bed of red cabbage and pancetta. We did not think we liked sweet breads, but this was delicious.<br><br>For the next course, Gretchen had grilled quail on a bed of potatoes and greens. I had a Fois Gras on pineapple. Now, if someone had told me that Fois Gras was Duck Liver before I tasted it, I would not have ordered it. I usually don't like liver but this was delicious and reminded me of no liver that I have ever tasted. <br><br>Following the appetizer, we were served a small quantity of Lemon Sorbet to clear our palettes and then the main course.<br><br>I have never liked Venison. My family has a number of hunters and I have been offered venison and never liked it. Jeff served me a main course of Venison with Chanterelle Mushroom Risotto. It did have a faint taste of the venison I never liked but this was very tasty and tender.<br><br>Gretchen had a Monk Fish with Ox Tail with white beans and carrots. The combination was excellent. The main course was accompanied by a glass of Chardonnay.<br><br>For dessert, Jeff again said "I'll take care of you". We each had a tasting plate of Crème Brule, Chocolate Terrene and Chocolate Cookies with Lemon Ice Cream.<br><br>All of the courses were accompanied by personal attention from Chef Jeff. We felt sorry for the diners who came in later when the restaurant got a little busier (four other parties) who did not get the level of attention that we did. They did appear to get good service from the Host and Hostess and did have a chance to visit with the Chef but they were ordering "from the menu" and some of the items we enjoyed are not on the menu but are planned for addition in the fall when the "busy season" takes hold.<br><br>This all fell into the category of the "Chef's Tasting Menu" for $39.00 each. But it was not the standard "CTM" but a special meal put together by the Chef just for us. We were surprised by many of the items and led joyously through a gastronomical tour where we would likely never have taken ourselves intentionally.