Four years ago when our family stayed at Bitter End for a week we rented a 22" Bradley so we could do some snorkeling and we were able to go to Devil's Bay and The Bath's among other sights. There's not much snorkeling from the beaches at Bitter End. This year we found that there are so many opportunities for good snorkeling from the beaches on VG we decided we didn't need a boat. From the top of the Baths one can reach Devil's Bay and The Bath's by foot down primitive but fairly easy to navigate paths. Sneakers or Tennis Shoes are a good idea. To the Baths it is a 350 yard jaunt and it took 5 and 1/2 minutes. To reach Devil's Bay-a separate path-is longer. I would estimate 700 yards or a little better and it took us 13 1/2 minutes. Our son-in law and grandsons did it in less and most of you probably will too. Both sights are well known and the snorkeling is good-the beaches lovely, with some shade available. These 2 areas are likely the most crowded beaches in the BVI but not so much so you can't enjoy yourself. Devil's Bay is our favorite and if you go there on a day when the seas are calm and the water clear it is so beautiful you won't want to leave. Right next door to the Baths is Spring Bay National Park and anyone with small children should definitely stop here. There is an area called the Crawl which is like a pool and you would be hard pressed to find a better place to introduce a youngster to snorkeling. There are picnic tables in the area as well. There is a good snorkeling reef off the Beach from the Little Dix Bay resort which is probably best reached by boat although I have heard that some swim to it. We missed that spot this trip but had stopped there 4 years ago. The Savannah Bay and Mahoe Bay offer a tremendously large area for quality snorkeling right from the beach and both beaches are fairly easy to access. We spent days in this area. If you really want some privacy and good snorkeling--venture up the road past Nail bay to Long Bay. It's a beautiful spot-good snorkeling-and you are likely to be all by yourselves. Neil, Ryan, and Kyle also went snorkeling on the Ocean Side at South Sound where Neil found one of the most beautiful Queen Conch Shells any of us have ever seen. We saw ones in gift shops not nearly as big for $55.00. They also went snorkeling on the Ocean side near the airport. To sum up their report-it was interesting and adventurous. We were there for 2 weeks and were snorkeling from the beaches every day except when we took our daysail and still had places we missed. A couple items I missed previously--we went to Mad Dogs for Pina Coladas and didn't find them anything special. The gal who was on duty was asleep in the hammock outside and we woke her up-then while she was mixing the drinks a Lizzard appeared between her and the blender and she freaked. This gal wasn't just afraid-she was truly petrified. Our grandson Kyle went behind the bar and picked the little guy up and deposited him outside. Maybe this had something to do with the drinks not being as special as they are reputed to be. We had 3 reg and 3 virgin and the consensus was the virgins tasted better. ? The other thing I forgot to write about is that we attended Mass at St Ursula's both Sunday's we were there and it was a wonderful and joyful experience. We were welcomed with such exuberance and enthusiasm that it brought goosebumps. Marie and I spent 4 days on Tortola at the Lambert Beach Report after our 2 weeks with family on VG and we liked the resort and had a good time relaxing. Went to Brewers Bay - it's one of our favorite spots on Tortola. Also went to Smugglers but the day we were there the water has milky and visability was not great-although there were plenty of fish. I wrote a little about Lambert Resort in my pre trip report posting so I think I will end here. Will be glad to respond to anyone with any questions we might be able to help with. It was a great trip!