As most of you are aware the road that services Katiche Point, Mango Bay and Paradise<br>Beach Resorts and Georgio’s Restaurant is not quite state of the art. The road that leads<br>to this offshoot but continues on up the hill to A Dream Come True Villa and the Mahoe<br>Bay Villas and then the Nail Bay area and on to Long Bay is a bit of an adventure as well<br>and the condition of this thorofare runs from not really very bad to really very bad. This<br>road is in the process of being extended past Long Bay and over the mountain where it<br>will meet with what is the main road now just before the South Sound Leverick Bay/Gun<br>Creek split. Right now it is a road bed with stone. We ventured way way up this<br>road-against my better judgment-but I must admit when we reached the summit-the view<br>was phenomenal!. You can see Leverick Bay, Bitter End, Saba -all the adjacent Islands-I<br>mean it is just spectacular. As good as the views are from the main road now--this new<br>route will provide many that are better. As a reward for this exploration, we found one of<br>the tires flat upon going back to the vehicle to come back down the road. My son-in law<br>and grandsons took care of that little problem. Fair is fair-it was their idea to explore. The<br>portion of the road from Long Bay on that is currently under development is nice and<br>wide and when finished should provide a wonderful drive with many scenic vistas. The<br>road from where it comes off the main road to that point around Long Bay is in the<br>process of being widened and upgraded and that-it seems to me-is going to be a work in<br>progress for a long time to come. From the main road up to the Mahoe Bay Villas where<br>we stayed is not really very bad. It is narrow in some spots so you just take it easy and<br>look for traffic coming the other way. After you leave the Mahoe Bay Villas area the road<br>deteriorates gradually and in the Nail Bay area I consider it to be very bad. This will<br>change eventually, but right now it is not good. There are many villas already completed<br>in NB and there are a lot and I mean a lot under construction with what appears to be<br>plenty of room to sustain this seeming boom for some time. Comparing the Nail Bay<br>complex to the Mahoe Bay Villas where we stayed it seemed to me that for right now the<br>road conditions are a drawback. I wouldn’t want to have to face that daily as we are on<br>the go alot while on vacation. It also seemed to me that for most of the villas-the walk to<br>the beach will be much longer than at Mahoe and also the inclines steeper. I also noted<br>that many of the driveways to Villas were on such a steep angle it would be tricky getting<br>in and out. Don’t get me wrong-I know a lot of people have stayed there and love it and I<br>can vouch for the fact that the vast majority of the Villas we saw are gorgeous and their<br>views stunning and the area has 2 beaches separated by an outcropping of rocks-both of<br>which look nice-although we didn’t visit them. I am also sure as time goes by and<br>particularly after the road situation is improved the area will be an even more popular<br>destination than it is now. All things considered,I’m glad we stayed where we did. <br>Well it’s happened again--getting long so will save the snorkeling from off the beaches<br>on VG and why we decided we didn’t need to rent a power boat along with 4 days at<br>Lambert Beach for later. I hope somebody is reading these things-it seems like I've been spending most of my life writing since we came home.