Sunsport Gardens is a naturist facility in Loxahatchee, Florida, which is west of Palm Beach (the adjacent city is Royal Palm Beach). It's very much the "RV park" style and is basically organized as a circle where the RV's reside with a central area for activities.

A group of 5-6 people bought the resort a few years ago, but I understand a bunch of things happened and Morley Schloss is now essentially the sole owner (I've heard 90%). Morley is well-known in the naturist community, being on the Naturist Action Committee. He was previously in Rochester, NY, and his wife at the time was one of the named defendents in the lawsuit making topfree legal in NY: he worked extensively on the briefs in that case. Unlike many recent resort owners, Morley is very much a naturist. I've only seen him wearing something once and that was a robe because it was quite cool that day.

The "circle" that contains RV's has them for permanent and seasonal residents and (I think) rental units. There are also pads people can rent on a short-term basis for RVs. There are four cabins for rent as well. (I have a place nearby, so never stay overnight and don't have any details on what's available for that.)

Behind that circle is an extensive set of nature trails that were extended a couple of years ago. There are some areas with benches and they connect to the rest of the facility in a few different places.

The core of the central area is a fenced-in portion containing the pool, hot tub, sauna, and pavilion. The fence was added a few years ago for insurance reasons. Although it was placed as best it could, it did reduce the number of lounge chairs near the pool. The pool is rectangular, relatively large, heated, has a deep section, and has a slide. Lots of "noodles" are available for those who want to float. The hot tub was recently rebuilt from a "liner" type into a more conventional concrete one. It's of moderate size. There's also a sauna of conventional size. The same building that has the sauna has showers on both sides and two restrooms.

The pavilion was extended further back a few months ago and a stage was added. It's used for dances and other similar events.

Just outside the fenced area and adjacent to it is a building that contains the restaurant, two additional restrooms, indoor games, a library, a gym, and a small lounge inside and (I think) laundry and shower facilities on the outside. Also outside that area are volleyball and petanque courts, some open areas, and slightly further away, tennis courts.

There's also a pond nearby that has lots of turtles in it who are used to being fed. You probably won't see them initially, but a minute or so after you step out on the dock, you'll usually start seeing a bunch of small heads swimming your way!

They have a wireless network that, I think, covers the entire facility. Sunsport is the home to the Mid-Winter Naturist Festival (this year from February 17 to 22).

It's one of the "nudest" resorts I've been to. There are many signs saying nudity is "expected". There's the most detailed rules about nudity I've ever seen posted on a sign near the pool (nudity is required within the fenced area), including the temperature (65) below which nudity isn't required. Although you do see the occaisional non-nude person and some sarongs, I see fewer than at any other resort I've visited.

I don't think they do any gender-balancing on entry and they do tend to have a few more men than women, but it's not enough of an imbalance to cause anybody any discomfort.

It's very much a "kids-friendly" place. Morely told me that when he bought it he gave the children the job of removing any signs saying they couldn't be someplace. Unlike other supposedly kids-friendly places, every time I'm there I see some children. However, I think the vast majority of them are permanent or seasonal residents because I see the same ones every year and they're also featured on photos in the restaurant.

For those concerned about being disturbed by noisy children, I've only seen that happen once in the many times I've been there and that was one particular child who I was later told had behavioral difficulties and who I never saw again. Somebody told me the children are all told that if any adult tells them to stop doing something, they have to obey. These are certainly well-behaved children in my experience.

Like most naturist places, the average age is high. Morley is trying very hard to attract younger people, but this is, of course, a large problem in naturism as a whole. There's a young naturist group that has an event there each April and college students can get in any time for only $6 per day. But it's very much an uphill battle.

For one thing, the large number of rule signs around the pool will turn off most young people who go there. People who've just become adults are very sensitive to people telling them what to do. Although every "rule" is pretty conventional, the number of signs (especially two recently-added ones on the pool itself) is a big turn-off for young people. And, of course, Sunsport is located in a part of Florida that's mostly older people and far enough west that young people wouldn't have any other reason to be out there. But, other than the signs, I think they're doing everything they can to attract younger people and it's certainly a major goal.

There's been a lot of talk about the sexuality level of nudist places and Sunsport's is one of the lowest I've seen. There may well be people there who are also swingers, but there's absolutely no evidence of any sexual undercurrent or discussions there. And it's the sort of place where any sexual activity would seem very out of place and not permitted.

The restaurant has had different management each year for the last few years. It's better described as a "cafe" and has about half a dozen tables. I've only been there for lunch and the menu is of modest size. Morley requires the restaurant to have a "healthy" menu, concentrating on fruits and vegetables and less on fried food. The quality of the restaurant in recent years has been about what you'd expect for something its size. The "healthy" theme is also reflected in other eco-friendly things, such as the use of a waste processing system instead of a septic tank and a solar panel to help heat the pool.

Although I'd recommend overnight stays only to people who are comfortable in a somewhat rustic environment, I'd strongly recommend (and have recommended) Sunsport as a great place to hang out nude. I typically go there only once a week when I'm in the area, but that's because it's about a 1.5 hour drive from where I am and there are closer places.