Thursday 30/12/10
Let me backtrack a little to the day before. After we completed our hike up the volcano we were in the taxi and discussing upcoming meal plans. We were planning on making beef curry but were out of coconut milk. Dan suggested that maybe we could buy a few coconuts from one of the locals. As will, Nick, Cosmo and I were sitting around Benis having beers Cosmo asked if we still wanted some coconuts. He got a ladder from out behind the restaurant and next thing Nick was up on the ladder with the “choppie toolie” hacking away at a large branch of coconuts. It really sums up how hospitable the folks we met in Cumberland Bay are.
Anyway we left early the next morning (Thursday) for a long sail to Marigot Bay in St. Lucia; about 47 miles as the frigate bird flies. The winds pickup once you past the lee of St. Vincent so we put a double reef in the main and only unfurled the jib to the part way. A very good decision on the part of skippers Dan and Em as the wind and seas were quite lively. Even with the main reefed down would heel over to 30* in some of the stronger gusts. Amazingly, Nick who has no experience in these types of conditions was able to prepare a fine breakfast of vegetable and cheese omelets without turning green. We arrive in Marigot Bay under sunny skies and tied med moor style to the dock at Chateau Mygo. They allow you to tie up for free if you have dinner in the restaurant. The restaurant is a very nice place to eat; the dining area is open on all sides providing a cooling breeze and great views of the activity in the bay. There is free wifi and numerous electric outlets located throughout. Most drinks are two for one all day. Doreen, the owner, is very attentive and accommodating. The menu changes daily and everything I have ordered there has been excellent. We took a walk around the docks at the Moorings base to look at the large yachts docked there. We also enjoyed the shower facilities, which are a nice change from showering on the boat. Dinner was had at the restaurant. Nick and I shared orders of Caribbean Beef Pepperpot (sort of a stew) and Coconut Curry Chicken ($50 EC each), both were very good. The rest of the crew split a couple pizzas which were loaded with fresh ingredients. There was some confusion regarding dessert. Some ordered cake and ice cream, and received a full order of cake accompanied by a full order of ice cream, rather than a combined half portion of each (which is not on the menu). The desserts are $25 EC each and $50 EC for dessert seemed a little steep. After some discussion with the staff the charges for the ice cream were graciously removed from the bill. Again nightcaps were Chairmen’s Reserve rum neat and we all went to bed anticipating our return to Rodney Bay and the Old Year’s Day celebrations.

Drink all day at home, your friends worry about you; do it on vacation and they say "what a good time you're having". Save your friends needless worry, travel more!