Wednesday 22/12/10
Woke up to a lovely day and had breakfast onboard. We went into town to drop off laundry, $35EC/load, Nick recommended renting scooters $40 US + fuel $7 EC, so it was set, we were going to do an island tour. We did have some mechanical problems with them, but “you can’t expect them to run like new all the time” when mine finally gave up the ghost a quick phone call to the shop and a replacement was delivered just as we finished lunch. Our first stop was the turtle sanctuary, small but nice. It was then on to Hope Beach on the north side of the island. The road was impassable so we parked the scooters and made the rather long hike down to the beach. We had the bay all to ourselves and spent time body surfing in the large breakers. The hike back up to the road was strenuous, especially in the heat and humidity of the mid-day. We wanted to go to Paradise Beach Bar but it was closed, so we opted for the Bequia Beach Club on Friendship Bay. I had a very nicely seasoned bacon cheese burger with fries, $45 EC, others went for the club sandwich; chicken breast, bacon and a fried egg on toast with fries $40 EC. Everyone was very satisfied with the lunch. We then went to Jacks for some more swimming on the beach. The roads in Bequia are not as well marked as we would have liked so the day involved many trips up dead ends and subsequent u-turns. Stopped at Tommy’s’ Cantina for Banana Coladas $14 EC and then back to the boat for showers. Dinner was at Macs’ where the pizzas are quite good. Nick and I split an appetizer of marinated smoked fish salad, then a large 3 topping pizza along with a few lime squashes the bill with tip was $112 EC. And we even had some left over which I am having for breakfast as I type this. Tomorrow on to Petite Nevis and Mystique.

Drink all day at home, your friends worry about you; do it on vacation and they say "what a good time you're having". Save your friends needless worry, travel more!