Member Spotlight
Todd
Todd
Vancouver, WA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
jeverny, JimE
Who's Online Now
42 registered members (warren460, sunshine44, jbutah, Kelly H, Fran, ChuckG, davidandsusannj, NumberCruncher, dolfer, Sea_Skyman, pburke40, ndfaninnc, MrEZgoin, duckfat, Theakston, JerseyPal, bbeach, Jaybird, Jspoone, skipdastraw, eightzerobits, jenniboston, MrTim-BTV, road3682, Beansbbq, IWIWSE, cacapasa, sugarae, Zanshin, wendyk, OceanSong, 11 invisible), 871 guests, and 83 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Nettle Bay Beach Club damage #141449
09/08/2017 09:17 AM
09/08/2017 09:17 AM
A
autoeng Offline OP
Traveler
autoeng  Offline OP
Traveler
A
If you saw my trip report you know that Mary and I spent 10 days in July at the Nettle Bay Beach Club for our honeymoon. Today I found pictures on the Weather.com website that showed the villa we stayed in. I tried various ways to save the image to Google Drive and post but I couldn't get it to work so here is a link.

Ski Beach before

Ski Beach after

I'm saddened that something so fresh in our memories is now gone.

Here is the link to the entire set of pictures. Most are from the Sandy Ground / Nettle Bay area with many I hadn't seen before. There are several of NBBC villas that show than none really faired better than "ours".

Weather.com Pics

[Linked Image]
SXM Sponsors
Re: Nettle Bay Beach Club damage [Re: autoeng] #141450
09/08/2017 08:37 PM
09/08/2017 08:37 PM
Virginia Beach, VA USA
B
barryvabeach Offline
Traveler
barryvabeach  Offline
Traveler
B
Virginia Beach, VA USA
Thanks for the post. We have traveled to several other islands in the past, and stayed at SXM 3 times before, and this year we talked about going elsewhere but agreed to return to SXM because we love it so much. We looked at Nettle Bay, and picked out a unit that was 10 to 20 feet from the waters edge - the views were spectacular. We have our reservations for February, but are pretty convinced it won't be there . The Villa you stayed in looks like it was much further from the water.

BTW, I know some have said that tourists should avoid going there till they recover, and I certainly agree they don't need tourists now. For me, I will wait a month and see how conditions have improved. It it seems like they will be ready for visitors, I am willing to look for another place in Feb, because I am sure they would like tourist dollars .